Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parse String in XML file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse String in XML file Post 302151649 by summer_cherry on Sunday 16th of December 2007 08:49:47 PM
Old 12-16-2007
sed

hi

Please try this one:
Code:
cat filename | sed  's/<Report.*$/report/' | sed 's/<summary//' | sed 's/\/>//' | sed 's/"//g' | sed 's/<testresult.*message=//'| sed 's/result=.*$//' | sed 's/<\/Report version>//'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file

Hi, I need to parse the following XML data enclosed in <a> </a> XML tag using shell script. <X> ..... </X> <a> <b> <c>data1</c> <c>data2</c> </b> <d> <c>data3</c> </d> </a> <XX> ... </XX> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viki
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a string in XML file using shell script

Hi! I'm just new here and don't know much about shell scripting. I just want to ask for help in creating a shell script that will parse a string or value of the status in the xml file. Please sample xml file below. Can you please help me create a simple script to get the value of status? Also it... (46 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
46 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I parse xml file?

How can I parse file containing xml ? I am sure that its best to use perl - but my perl is not very good - can someone help? Example below contents of file containing the xml - I basically want to parse the file and have each field contained in a variable.. ie. I want to store the account... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
14 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to parse the following xml file

Hi, I have the following file Example.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <html><set label="09/07/29" value="1241.90"/> </html> Can any one help me in parsing this xml file I want to retrive the attribute values of the tag set Example I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji_gadam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse xml file

Hello all, Given the following extract from a xml file with multiple <JOB> .... </JOB> entries <JOB APPLICATION="APP" APR="0" AUG="0" AUTHOR="AUT" AUTOARCH="0" CMDLINE="/tmp/test1 %%var" CONFIRM="1" CREATION_DATE="20100430" CREATION_TIME="130739" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse xml file in variable-string?

In the wake of the post: how-parse-following-xml-file Thank you for the very useful chakrapani response 302355585-post4 ! A close question. How to pass a file to xmllint in variable? For example, let it be: NEARLY_FILE='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><html><set label="09/07/29"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OleM2k
0 Replies

8. Programming

Parse XML file

How do I get the field info for tags ID, NAME, DESCRIPTION. Below is my current code put I can't get beyond the first_child of the file. use strict; use warnings; use XML::Simplehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png; use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML File.

HI Guys I have Below XML File : <xn:SubNetwork id="XYZ"> <xn:SubNetwork id="C01"> <xn:MeContext id="CO1"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <un:RncFunction id="1"> <un:UtranCell id="NY431"> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse xml file

I am trying to create a shell script that will parse an xml file (file attached). awk '/Id v=/ { print }' Test.xml | sed 's!<Id v=\"\(.*\)\"/>!\1!' > output.txt An output.txt file is created but it is empty. It should contain the value 222159 in it. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
gnomevfs-cat(1) 						   User Commands						   gnomevfs-cat(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gnomevfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gnomevfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnomevfs-cat(1)