Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Transfer contents from one unix server to another Post 302151609 by chris1234 on Sunday 16th of December 2007 03:04:42 PM
Old 12-16-2007
Thank you porter. I will try this tomorrow at work and will post back :--). I appreciate all your help and frustrated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer files from Unix server to Windows using FTP

Dear Friend, I don't know much about unix.I am an VB6.0 Programmer.I need to move an text files as aaa.txt from unix server to windows "D: " driver using the FTP protocol.Is it possible to do this with help of unix shell script.If possible please give some sample codes. Please answer as early... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gjsaravanan
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

File transfer between unix and windows server

hi all, I have two server(Unix tru64 and windows 2003 server). these server's live running now. The win2003server doesn't have ftp server. Also Unix server doesn't have samba. if both server's have ftp server that no problem. How to transfer file from windows server to unix by every... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Copy folder and its contents from HP Unix server to RH Linux

I am trying to copy a folder and all its contents from HP Unix box to RH linux, using the following. rsync -avz -e "ssh" /users/www/webroot/docFiles/Division/Ctry ftpuser@10.4.xxx.yz:/data/webroot/development/contentfiles/webroot/docFiles/Division/Ctry/QAfiles And it throws a consistent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FanTom
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from one server to another server in unix

Hi, Can anyone help me. I am a new user in unix. I want to transfer (ftp) a file from one unix server to another server. Kindly help me. more details: server 1 file_name a.lst path: :/temp server 2 path : /develp/temp Thanks, Raj, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: easterraj
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Transfer of zipped folder from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi all, I'm a newbie to unix. My requirement is to create an automation script which will transfer a zipped folder from my/remote desktop to an unix server. Tools lik WinSCP shouldnt be used. No manual moving. I use putty to connect to server. I couldnt find any help on this topic. Should i use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherin22
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
RDMA_POST_RECV(3)					   Librdmacm Programmer's Manual					 RDMA_POST_RECV(3)

NAME
rdma_post_recv - post a work request to receive an incoming message. SYNOPSIS
#include <rdma/rdma_verbs.h> int rdma_post_recv (struct rdma_cm_id *id, void *context, void *addr, size_t length, struct ibv_mr *mr); ARGUMENTS
id A reference to a communication identifier where the message buffer will be posted. context User-defined context associated with the request. addr The address of the memory buffer to post. length The length of the memory buffer. mr A registered memory region associated with the posted buffer. DESCRIPTION
Posts a work request to the receive queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The posted buffer will be queued to receive an incoming message sent by the remote peer. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason. NOTES
The user is responsible for ensuring that a receive buffer is posted and large enough to contain all sent data before the peer posts the corresponding send message. The message buffer must have been registered before being posted, with the mr parameter referencing the regis- tration. The buffer must remain registered until the receive completes. Messages may be posted to an rdma_cm_id only after a queue pair has been associated with it. A queue pair is bound to an rdma_cm_id after calling rdma_create_ep or rdma_create_qp, if the rdma_cm_id is allocated using rdma_create_id. The user-defined context associated with the receive request will be returned to the user through the work completion wr_id, work request identifier, field. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), rdma_create_id(3), rdma_create_ep(3), rdma_create_qp(3), rdma_reg_read(3), ibv_reg_mr(3), ibv_dereg_mr(3), rdma_post_recvv(3), rdma_post_send(3) librdmacm 2010-07-19 RDMA_POST_RECV(3)