Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to pass values from one file to different scripts Post 302151359 by pssandeep on Friday 14th of December 2007 05:55:34 PM
Old 12-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by porter
if you export them, any child script will see them.

Otherwise pass as command line arguments.
Can just give me example script
how to export in shell script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

is it possible to pass external variable values to nawk?

Dear friends, please tell me how to pass the external variable values to the nawk command. length=`expr $len2 - $len1` i need to pass $length to following nawk command as mentioned below. nawk '{if((x=index($0,"W/X"))>0){id=substr($0,x, $length);print x;print id;}}' filename1 but I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swamymns
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass passwords to bash scripts?

I'm finding the following command very tedious to type in all the time, so I created a one line bash script called mount.bash with the following contents: mount -t cifs //mark/C\$ -o unc=//mark\\C$,ip=10.1.1.33,user=Administrator,password=$1 /mnt/mark I don't like the fact that I have to put... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I pass or read values from file ?

Hi one & All , My Need is to Create 64 Partition and create File System in Linux. I have the Script ... for((a=0;a<=63;a++)) do fdisk /dev/cciss/c0d$a done for((a=0;a<=63;a++)) do mkfs.ext2 /dec/cciss/'c0d'$a'p1' done the moment I run the Script I get the Prompt ... Command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nix-kid
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on shell script(to pass the values)

only the arguments that are written to the file, my script is (sh /u01app/wkf.sh"$start_no","$name","$Condition","$file_name") like that when ever I run my script I need to write into a new file every time, like wise I have upto10 files with different names.bec my $start_no and $name will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass values between awk and shell scripts

I know that we can call system command to execute shell script in awk. but it does not return the result of the command executed , but only returns the value of the command executoin status ( 1/0 --> failure / success). Could anyone let me know how to solve this problem. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajnikanth.1912
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call java program from shell and pass values

Hi All, Can anybody please help me with how can i call my java program from shell and also pass parameter along with it so that the program can interpret the value/int and update the database. Thanks in advance Neha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neha Goyal
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameters from perl to csh scripts

I use csh a lot but I don't really write csh scripts. Now I have a need to implement a security check (written in perl; verify an user input security code) into a csh script. Here is the senario: #csh 1. call the perl script 2. if the perl script returns 'true', pass on; if the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Julian16
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass variables between scripts?

Hello, I have two bash scripts like the following: script 1: #!/bin/bash var=WORLD bash path/to/second/script/script2.bash script 2: #!/bin/bash echo "HELLO $var" I expected the output to be "HELLO WORLD" but instead, I get "HELLO". I understand that when I envoke another bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file lines and pass line values as arguments.

Dears, Need help to implement below requirement A file (detail.txt)contain : 1st column: Stream 2nd column: PathAddress 3rd column: Counterlimit 4th column: TransactionDateColumn 5th column: DateType 6th column: SleepValue 7th column: Status Need to write a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - How to update header of scripts in one pass - multiline search/replace

Hello. A find command return a list of file. For each fileReplace the content starting with the first "§" (of two) ending with last "ɸ" (of two), regardless of the content ( five lines ) by the following content (exactly) : §2019_08_23§ # # ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies
parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)				  System Administration Commands			      parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)

NAME
parse_dynamic_clustertoc - parse clustertoc file based on dynamic entries SYNOPSIS
cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/parse_dynamic_clustertoc DESCRIPTION
This script parses the clustertoc file before the suninstall(1M) process is run. parse_dynamic_clustertoc is called by a modified syscon- fig script on the install CD. When parse_dynamic_clustertoc runs, it reads the clustertoc and when it encounters SUNW_CSRMBRIFF lines, it either checks the platform using the script's builtin function, or calls an external script. The script exits with a 0 if the cluster entry is included, otherwise it will be ignored. If the cluster entry is to be included, the SUNW_CSRMBRIFF =(test test_arg)cluster line is converted to SUNW_CSRMEMBER =cluster. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking For an SX Framebuffer The following is an example of a simple external test to check for an SX Framebuffer. The entry in the clustertoc file is shown and fol- lowing that is the script that must be placed in the install.d/dynamic_test directory. SUNW_CSRMBRIFF=(smcc.dctoc sx)SUNWCsx #! /bin/sh # # Likewise, this file is expected to live under $(TESTDIR). # case "$1" in sx) prtconf -p | grep 'SUNW,sx' 1> /dev/null;; esac FILES
cdrom/Solaris_2.x/locale/C/.clustertoc.dynamic Dynamic version of the clustertoc file cdrom/export/exec/sparc.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests cdrom/export/exec/i386.Solaris_2.x/sbin/install.d/dynamic_test Directory that contains any additional tests ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SHWPcdrom (Solaris CD) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
suninstall(1M), clustertoc(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 1995 parse_dynamic_clustertoc(1M)