Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crazy mx record redirect
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Crazy mx record redirect Post 302151300 by sysgate on Friday 14th of December 2007 10:16:15 AM
Old 12-14-2007
OK, switching records back and forth means contradiction between zone files, either being exported to one named process, or to another name servers. Since the name servers haven't changed recently, means that something in the records of the current zone file had changed. Are you the only one with access ? Make sure that no one else made changes at this time.
use "dig" tool to troubleshoot this like :
Code:
dig @NS4.IASA-INTERNET.NET xyz.org any

which currently prints :
Quote:
; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> @NS4.IASA-INTERNET.NET xyz.org any
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 64900
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 3

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;xyz.org. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
xyz.org. 15260 IN NS ns.ez2ba.com.
xyz.org. 15260 IN NS ns2.ez2ba.com.
xyz.org. 15260 IN MX 10 mail.xyz.org.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
xyz.org. 15260 IN NS ns.ez2ba.com.
xyz.org. 15260 IN NS ns2.ez2ba.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns.ez2ba.com. 86400 IN A 64.176.60.89
ns2.ez2ba.com. 86400 IN A 64.176.61.75
mail.xyz.org. 22961 IN A 64.176.52.54

;; Query time: 417 msec
;; SERVER: 208.56.193.83#53(NS4.IASA-INTERNET.NET)
;; WHEN: Fri Dec 14 07:11:58 2007
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 166
I've seen strange cases with bind, the last resort was restarting the bind daemon, this fixes some issues sometimes. Oh, you can flush the cache with "rndc flush" and see if it make any difference.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Oh no!! crazy script

Hi Could be stupid, but I can figure out... I have a script that downloads a file from a http server ( virus definitions file ). The thing is that when I run it from the console (bash) works fine, but when I put it in the root's cron it doesn't, and it generates a core file. example: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

going crazy with test???

oK, i know for sure that code = Y and var = N but no matter what this always prints ignore, never valid??????? if test "$code"="$var" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mich_elle00
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp going crazy

Dear Friends, I am having a crazy issue with ftp. I am doing 'mput' of 4 files (z1, z2, z3, z4) as below. But ftp transfers only every alternative file !! - ie; If I do mput z* for above, it sends only z1 and z3. Note that all the files are same and I tried this for several dummy files. All... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoursdivu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pleas help..this is driving me crazy

Hi, I've created a script in csh that takes a file and checks it for mispelled words. Im almost done but I need to do two more things but I need help. First, when displaying an incorrect word to the user, I need to show the line of the input file that contains the word. Second,if the user... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hckygoli31
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

crazy dreams..

well, Wine is simply amazing.. I love it. the filesystems are great too -- never having to defragment, and not slowing down in time. I love the power of BASH. iptables.. but.. I had a vision. a crazy dream. what if, we could develop an installation system for Linux.. working pretty much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ialoq
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finger has gone crazy

Two things : On the first place i am really desperate, on the second i am about to throw my laptop away to the recycle bin in a while. Ok now that i expressed my feeling let me describe you this mad situation. Code: print $1; ("finger -m " $1 "| head -1") | getline userinfo print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beatblaster666
6 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Crazy Dots

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a script called DOTS that will display the horizontal or vertical number of dots if the first argument... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchelpmtl
3 Replies

8. Programming

I'm going crazy with SQL select. Please help!

Hello people, as wrote in title I'm going crazy with a "complex" SQL select. This is the seelct: select T_ADDRESS, T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC, COUNT(*) FROM TABLETEST WHERE T_MCC=123 AND (T_MNC=11 OR T_MNC=01) GROUP BY T_ADDRESS,T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC HAVING count(*) > 5;This select... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Here's To The Crazy One

Please excuse my indulgence. Thank you MG Siegler and Steve Jurvetson. But most importantly, thank you Steve Jobs. 8rwsuXHA7RA The world has lost a genius. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crazy Syntax

Hello All, was looking at a script wrote by someone and when I try and run it in ksh it gives me an error. Could ksh version be a problem or is there something wrong that I'm missing, when I run it from the command line it works. Thanks! results=`sudo -u admin ssh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akechnie
1 Replies
ldns-notify(1)						      General Commands Manual						    ldns-notify(1)

NAME
ldns-notify - notify DNS servers that updates are available SYNOPSIS
ldns-notify [options] -z zone servers DESCRIPTION
ldns-notify sends a NOTIFY message to DNS servers. This tells them that an updated zone is available at the master servers. It can perform TSIG signatures and it can add a SOA serial number of the updated zone. If a server already has that serial number it will disregard the message. OPTIONS
-z zone The zone that is updated. -h Show usage and exit -v Show the version and exit -s serial Append a SOA record indicating the serial number of the updated zone. -p port Use port as destination port (default the DNS port 53) for the UDP packets. -y key:data Use the given TSIG key and base64-data to sign the NOTIFY. Uses the hmac-md5 algorithm. -d Print verbose debug information. The query that is sent and the query that is received. -r num Specify the maximum number of retries before notify gives up trying to send the UDP packet. EXIT CODE
The program exits with a 0 exit code if all servers replied an acknowledgement to the notify message, and a failure exit code otherwise. AUTHOR
Written by the ldns team as an example for ldns usage. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 NLnet Labs. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. 9 Jan 2007 ldns-notify(1)