Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check invalid user account
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check invalid user account Post 302150592 by Smiling Dragon on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 11:25:11 PM
Old 12-12-2007
Which part are you having trouble with? If you get a bit of a structure built to begin with, you'll find the rest will probably fall into place, then we can help out wherever you hit a snag Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

user account

hi how to disable the useraccount in aix (should not remove). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX; Auto clearing of 'too many invalid login attempts by user'

Does anyone have a good script / cron job that handles this? I have looked in smit and see it is clearing this count with: chsec -f /etc/security/lastlog -a "unsuccessful_login_count=0" -s '{userid}' However when I looked around to find ways to automate this I have not found an easy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keith Johnson
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

4. Solaris

id: invalid user name

Hello, We run solaris 8 with nis+, when I do niscat, I can see the user's information, but when I do id from the domain it is saying invalid user. What may be the problem? id: invalid user name: "abyu789" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help me create new user account

I want create user. That user should be login to any server without asking password. How? tell me in detail. :wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
3 Replies

6. AIX

Successful user login, yet system claims invalid info

I have four AIX 6.1.7.4 systems freshly built and ready for our DBAs to do their work. Of the three one runs into an odd issue while logging in as himself, using Putty with ssh protocols. He logs in successfully, but also gets the following error message: : 3004-300 You entered an invalid login... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Brendan
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

User account

I need to check actual date a user was disabled on my HP-UX server. Audit is claiming the user account was active during the last audit exercise. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyriac_N
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

Failed password for invalid user

Dear All , I have created a user named X and gave sudo permissions for it , So that it can access some commands as root. This particular user can login to the server using SSH login through putty any where with in the network. But there is some issue , when the same user is trying from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab invalid account

Need assistance in crontab issue . Issue is user account getting error "Warning - Invalid account: 'cyborg' not allowed to execute cronjobs" on Solaris 11 Couple of steps I tried 1. Added user to /etc/cron.d/cron.allow 2. Checked if the account is locked *LK* . It is not locked 3. No log... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
2 Replies
qmail-pw2u(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     qmail-pw2u(8)

NAME
qmail-pw2u - build address assignments from a passwd file SYNOPSIS
qmail-pw2u [ -/ohHuUC ] [ -cchar ] DESCRIPTION
qmail-pw2u reads a V7-format passwd file from standard input and prints a qmail-users-format assignment file. A V7-format passwd file is a series of lines. Each line has the format user:password:uid:gid:gecos:home:shell where user is an account name, uid and gid are the user id and group id of that account, and home is the account's home directory. pass- word, gecos, and shell are ignored by qmail-pw2u. If you put the output of qmail-pw2u into /var/lib/qmail/users/assign, and then run qmail-newu, qmail-lspawn will obey the assignments printed by qmail-pw2u. WARNING: After changing any users, uids, gids, or home directories in your passwd file, you must run qmail-pw2u and qmail-newu again if you want qmail-lspawn to see the changes. RULES
By default, qmail-pw2u follows the same rules as qmail-getpw. It skips user if (1) uid is zero, (2) home does not exist, (3) user does not own home, or (4) user contains uppercase letters. It then gives each remaining user control over the basic user address and all addresses of the form user-anything. A catch-all user, alias, controls all other addresses. You may change these rules by setting up files in /var/lib/qmail/users: include Allowed users, one per line. If include exists, and user is not listed in include, user is ignored. exclude Ignored users, one per line. If exclude exists, and user is listed in exclude, user is ignored. mailnames Replacement names for users. Each line has the form user:mailname1:mailname2:... The addresses mailname1 and mailname1-ext and mailname2 and so on will be delivered to user. WARNING: The addresses user and user-ext will not be delivered to user unless user is listed as one of the mailnames. A line in mailnames is silently ignored if the user does not exist. subusers Extra addresses. Each line has the form sub:user:pre: sub will be handled by home/.qmail-pre, where home is user's home directory; sub-ext will be handled by home/.qmail-pre-ext. append Extra assignments, printed at the end of qmail-pw2u's output. OPTIONS
-o (Default.) Skip user if home does not exist (or is not visible to qmail-pw2u). Skip user if home is not owned by user. -h Stop if home does not exist. This is appropriate if every user is supposed to have a home directory. Skip user if home is not owned by user. -H Do not check the existence or ownership of home. -U (Default.) Skip user if there are any uppercase letters in user. -u Allow uppercase letters in user. -cchar Use char as the user-extension delimiter in place of -. -C Disable the user-extension mechanism. -/ Use home/.qmail-/... instead of home/.qmail-... SEE ALSO
qmail-users(5), qmail-lspawn(8), qmail-newu(8), qmail-getpw(8) qmail-pw2u(8)