Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database Post 302150361 by Vicky Narayan on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 05:45:22 AM
Old 12-11-2007
Hey Alaeddin,
Its gud that you were able to do it....Just needed a small favor...can u pl explain d syntax of dat isql command?

Thanks buddy.....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to sybase database using Korn shell script

Hi, Can anyone please give me a script or let me know how to connect to a sybase database and execute a query using Korn shell scripts.Am new to Unix but i need to do this ASAP. Please help. Thanks, Gops (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print out loop index on the console after executing each sybase DB query

Hello Guys, Well, using shell script, I'm doing loop on DB query as below: isql -Usa -Ptest -I /opt/sybase/interfaces << EOF use testdb go declare @i int select @i = 1 while(@i <= 5) begin Insert into TEST values (@i,"Test","TestDesc") select @i = @i + 1 end go EOF The Issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
2 Replies

3. Programming

Need help with complex SQL query (Sybase)

Hello, I have three tables. I need an SQL query (preferably Sybase) that will return all of the stringID values of table B where the following conditions exist: (1) B.intID = A.intID (2) B.intID != C.intID or (B.intID = C.intID and (C.v1 = 0 or C.v2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to connect to sybase database?

hi, I'd like to connect to a Sybase ASE 12 through a a graphic user interface (GUI) that run on windows and solaris10, because i need to do some querys. The database is running on solaris 10. I'm not an expert using databases, but i know how to use some SQL commands through command line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danin
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute stored procedure through script in sybase database and store the output in a .csv file

Hi, I have a sybase stored procedure which takes two input parameters (start_date and end_date) and when it get executed, it gives few records as an output. I want to write a unix script (ksh) which login to the sybase database, then execute this stored procedure (takes the input parameter as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit.mathur08
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

REINDEXING OF A DYNAMIC DATABASE

REINDEXING A DATABASE Hello, I have a database which in fact is a personal dictionary of a special kind to handle name homophones The structure is as follows: a=b=c=d=e=f This structure is an instruction to the program that whenever it encounters such a set of correlations it should treat them... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

7. Programming

Hierarchical Query for Sybase database

Team I am using DBartisan tool for sybase database. I have a table that has below fields Employee_ID,EMP_Name,First_Nm,Last_Nm,Emp_Designation,Employee's_Manager is it possible to retrieve hierarchical data based on below fields Emp_Designation will have Soft Engg,SSE,Team Lead,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
6 Replies

8. Programming

Sybase ASE: Query to find correct format issue.

Hi Team , I am new to Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE) and need some guidance to find the different values in serial format column. SELECT DISTINCT SERIAL_FORMAT FROM PRODUCTS It has values with below format which contains 12 digits hexadecimal characters with... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Programming

Sybase ASE - Query Tuning - Need Suggestion

Dear Team Please provide suggestion on below query which is used in Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/15.7 (ASE). Query takes more time > 30 Mins to 1 Hr All required indexes are built Can we have any efficient approach to get the data retrieval faster for below query.Any help... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update a database table in a for loop

Im trying to update an informix database table for each occurance of a head_barcode in a file called mw within a for loop please see below - cant get the syntax correct. any help please? for a in `cat /tmp/mw` do sql image - << STOP > /dev/null 2>&1 update doc_table set status =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: worky
4 Replies
INGRES_NUM_ROWS(3)							 1							INGRES_NUM_ROWS(3)

ingres_num_rows - Get the number of rows affected or returned by a query

SYNOPSIS
int ingres_num_rows (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
This function primarily is meant to get the number of rows modified in the database. However, it can be used to retrieve the number of rows to fetch for a SELECT statement. Note If scrollable cursors are disabled and this function is called before using ingres_fetch_array(3), ingres_fetch_object(3), or ingres_fetch_row(3), the server will delete the result's data and the script will be unable to get them. Instead, you should retrieve the result's data using one of these fetch functions in a loop until it returns FALSE, indicating that no more results are available. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result identifier for a query RETURN VALUES
For delete, insert, or update queries, ingres_num_rows(3) returns the number of rows affected by the query. For other queries, ingres_num_rows(3) returns the number of rows in the query's result. SEE ALSO
ingres_query(3), ingres_fetch_array(3), ingres_fetch_assoc(3), ingres_fetch_object(3), ingres_fetch_row(3). PHP Documentation Group INGRES_NUM_ROWS(3)