Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Encrypt and Decrypt script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Encrypt and Decrypt script Post 302150327 by encrypted on Tuesday 11th of December 2007 02:58:27 AM
Old 12-11-2007
How about
#vi -C somefile

It will ask u for a password while creating it and later while opening it.
Although the encryption might not be strong enough. Please read man vi
for the options.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt & Decrypt a String

Hi Everybody, I have a script that telnet another system. For some reasons, this is should be done by "root", so the root password has been written explicitly in this script, which mean any body read this script will know the root password of the other system. I think the solution is to write... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

encrypt and decrypt password

how do i encrypt and decrypt a password (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanwish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to encrypt and decrypt a file

How to encrypt and decrypt a file using unix Command? Can any one help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt a string

Hi, I want to encrypt and decrypt a string(database password) which will be used in my scripts. encrypt the string while storing in a file and while using it in other scripts it should decrypt. i tried below method. As it can decrypt easily, it is not recommended. encrypt=`perl -e 'print unpack... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan10k
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to decrypt encrypt log and archive

Hi Please see if you have come across any aprts of this. I can read, integrate and syntehsixe. Any help you could offer me would be super. thanks in advance! Good day. Thank you for your response in this matter. Here are some further details: 1) scripting is to be in BASH... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdc01
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and Decrypt

I have script for all oracle prod db. I have hard coded the username / password. I need a mechanism to encode and decode the username / password in a shell script. Another challenge is I use the username and password in a Select command for oracle DB. How can call the decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilugopal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt Password file and decrypt in a shell script

Hi All, I have stored Oracle database passwords in a hidden file - .pass_file. My shell script reads the hidden file, gets the password and then logs in to the Oracle database and runs some SQL script. My requirement is: I need to provide the shell script to be executed by someone else. So,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt a password in shell script

Hi All, very good morning all. I am trying to connect to informatica repository by using shell script. I have written pmrep connect command in the script file. But i need to provide repository, domain ,username and password to connect. Username and password are hard coded in the script... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SekhaReddy
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt and decrypt the password in a Shell Script

Hello, I have the following UNIX shell script which connects to the teradata database and executes the SQL Queries. For this, I am passing database name, username and password. I don't want to reveal my password to anyone. So, is there any way that I can encrypt my password and read the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronitreddy
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Encrypt and Decrypt a File with Password

Hello, I have few files on unix which are payroll related and I need them to encrypt with password so others wouldn't see the data. I use ETL tool and would like to know the unix command that does encryption/decryption to use in the ETL. Thank you, Sri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
3 Replies
packfile_password(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual					packfile_password(3alleg4)

NAME
packfile_password - Sets the global I/O encryption password. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> void packfile_password(const char *password); DESCRIPTION
Sets the encryption password to be used for all read/write operations on files opened in future using Allegro's packfile functions (whether they are compressed or not), including all the save, load and config routines. Files written with an encryption password cannot be read unless the same password is selected, so be careful: if you forget the key, nobody can make your data come back again! Pass NULL or an empty string to return to the normal, non-encrypted mode. If you are using this function to prevent people getting access to your datafiles, be careful not to store an obvious copy of the password in your executable: if there are any strings like "I'm the password for the datafile", it would be fairly easy to get access to your data :-) Note #1: when writing a packfile, you can change the password to whatever you want after opening the file, without affecting the write operation. On the contrary, when writing a sub-chunk of a packfile, you must make sure that the password that was active at the time the sub-chunk was opened is still active before closing the sub-chunk. This is guaranteed to be true if you didn't call the packfile_password() routine in the meantime. Read operations, either on packfiles or sub-chunks, have no such restriction. Note #2: as explained above, the password is used for all read/write operations on files, including for several functions of the library that operate on files without explicitly using packfiles (e.g. load_bitmap()). The unencrypted mode is mandatory in order for those func- tions to work. Therefore remember to call packfile_password(NULL) before using them if you previously changed the password. As a rule of thumb, always call packfile_password(NULL) when you are done with operations on packfiles. The only exception to this is custom packfiles created with pack_fopen_vtable(). SEE ALSO
pack_fopen(3alleg4), load_datafile(3alleg4), pack_fopen_vtable(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 packfile_password(3alleg4)