Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: rc.local
Operating Systems Linux rc.local Post 302149534 by d3m00n on Thursday 6th of December 2007 12:46:21 PM
Old 12-06-2007
One case is not close. Try to add one more "esac" before that one which is included.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why i have local.profile, local.cshrc,local.login instead of .profile, .login ?

Hello again ! Thanks for response of my first question. there is my second quesiton why i have local.profile instead of .profile file ? my all files in pwd shoes local. before any file. is anybody can tell me about that ? Thanks Abid Malik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

local host

Dear Guys , Please again , i could not find a solution for my server linux red hat 9 . when i leave it about more than 5 min ideal it goes to something like sleep mode and all services stop and even TCP/IP .. what shall i do ??? another thing please , when i installed the server , i gave... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamemi
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

local proxy

Are there any free local proxy for Linux which cache data and gzip transmitted packages? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

local user ip

how can i find my own ip address from unix. command like who -x .this would provide all the ip address but i need to list only current user ip address. who am i command does not display the ip. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naushad
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Local minima

I have a file with a single column of numbers. Starting from the 11th line, I'd like to find the line(s) on which the number meets two criteria: 1) it is less than the 10 numbers that precede it, 2) it is less than the number that follows it. So, for the following, the script should return line 18.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darwin_886
2 Replies

6. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Local network?

I have two PCs, witch have Linux Ubuntu. I want to connect those computers by a local network, but I know right anything about the network. I have a modem (not router) and a router that i don't use. The desktop pc have 2 network cards. (eth0 eth1). The modem is on eth1. Anyone help me!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Local User

How to fetch only local user without duplication from /etc/passwd using scripting?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

10. IP Networking

Local DNS

I am trying to install a replacement mail server. On the old machine, nslookup example.com returns 192.168.100.5 instead of its real ip of 207.139...... On the new machine, which I have presumably set up the same way; I compared the data in the gui dnsconfig on both machines, I get an error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
0 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedClose(3User Contributed Perl DocumentaPerl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedClose(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedClose - Write "my $error = close $fh;" instead of "close $fh;". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
The perl builtin I/O function "close" returns a false value on failure. That value should be checked to ensure that the close was successful. my $error = close $filehandle; # ok close $filehandle or die "unable to close: $!"; # ok close $filehandle; # not ok use autodie qw< :io >; close $filehandle; # ok You can use autodie, Fatal, or Fatal::Exception to get around this. Currently, autodie is not properly treated as a pragma; its lexical effects aren't taken into account. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. AUTHOR
Andrew Moore <amoore@mooresystems.com> ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
This policy module is based heavily on policies written by Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Andrew Moore. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::InputOutput::RequireCheckedClose(3pm)