Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error checking a file from previous file size Post 302149461 by stuck1 on Thursday 6th of December 2007 07:39:57 AM
Old 12-06-2007
Thats the one, thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking file size

What is the best way to check the size of a file? We have a problem with our repository growing to an unmanageable size. If it is greater than 17000000 then I'd like to send a warning to our system administrators. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with checking file size

I need to check the size of a log file. If the size is anything but zero, I need to send an email. I'm using this syntax: SIZE=0 VAR1=`wc -c $DIRNAME/$FILENAME1 | awk -F" " '{print $1}' ` echo $VAR1 if then do something such as send an email fi I know that the file is indeed... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking size of the first line in a log file

Hi My test.log file looks like this: 0 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070322_115331917.log 34 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070117_151311385.log 12 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070117_151230001.log 2 190_GSTV_HUX_003QISCGSK026_error070117_101010001.log 0... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
19 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking file size of zip file

I'm having a problem with a bash shell The shell is running through a list of zip filenames, copying the zip files to another location and adding a file to the zip files. All this is working great, however I also need to report on the size of the zip file and I keep getting wrong answers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skwyer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple file existence and checking file size

I want to check the files in particular directory are more that 0 Bytes i.e, Non zero byte file. The script should print a msg if all the files in that directory are empty( 0 Byte). (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathish
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

checking directory size in the text file

Hi All, I am new to unix scripting, please help me in completing this exercise, I have a scenario as follows, 1. i have a text file(snapshot.txt) consisting of directory names, and file size separated by comma as shown below: snapshot.txt data: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the size of a file after FTP

Hi I am doing a FTP process through which I am copying a file from my local server to Remote server. After this I want to check the size of the file Below is my program: LOCALDIR=/batch/ediprocess REMOTESERVER=test.appl.com REMOTEPATH=batch/ftpTest LOGIN=px PASSWORD=abcd ftp -n... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Checking File size

Hi Team, I am a new bie to unix and want to check a directory for a files with extension *.doc exceeding a specific file size limit,and will give me a buffer ooutput as below I used below command, find . -name \*.doc -size +3k -printf "|%p |%k KB" which resulted as, ./ABC_sw_high.doc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lisha.ahuja
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking Existence and file size of File

Hi, I am a SAP- ABAP programer , i have only little knowledge of Unix. My issue is i have a list of files which are in internal table. I want to create a script which consist of all these files and in one go i can check in the unix server about there existance and there file size. Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkumar.b2
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking for File Size

HI , How can I check if a file exists in a particular folder and it exists it size in greater than 0 kb. Basically I am trying to write a script which will check if a file exists and if exists then it size is greater than 0 bytes (I am not looking for empty files it should have some data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wangkc
3 Replies
PARSER(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PARSER(1)

NAME
parser3 - Command Line and CGI interface for Parser 3 Language. SYNOPSIS
parser3 [-h] [-c conffile] file DESCRIPTION
Parse and execute file in Parser 3 language. Parser checks for configuration settings in the auto.p file beside of the binary (in the directory with CGI-script itself) and then in the default system-wide auto.p file, if neither option -c or environment variable CGI_PARSER_CONFIG is specified. Parser makes records about errors to error log file parser3.log, which is implicitly located in the same directory where parser3 CGI script is. If Parser is not allowed to write to that file, errors are reported to standard error stream. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h Display usage information. -c conffile Use this conffile (/path/to/auto.p). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Parser3 checks environment variable CGI_PARSER_CONFIG if option -c is not specified. If you would rather change implicit location of parser3.log, you can explicitly specify it via stderr redirection or environment variable CGI_PARSER_LOG. FILES
/etc/parser3/auto.p default parser3 configuration file SEE ALSO
For more complete description of Parser3, look here: http://www.parser.ru/en/ AUTHOR
parser3 was written by Alexandr Petrosian <paf@design.ru>. This manual page was written by Sergey B Kirpichev <skirpichev@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Scripting Language PARSER(1)