Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Prompted for System Password during login Post 302149297 by BFLO on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 02:08:41 PM
Old 12-05-2007
Prompted for System Password during login

Hello,

I'm new to HP-UX. I have a system running B.11.23 on ia64. The system gets its user passwords via active directory. Everytime a new account is added to AD a script pushes out the account info to all the systems and this system is updated too. However, on this machine, users are unable to login as they get prompted for "System Password" after entering their password. See below:

Code:
$ ssh hpi-app3
Password: 
System Password:
Password: 
System Password:
Password:

This process never ends. Where do I even look for some setting? Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Mohsin

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter a password in the script automatically when prompted?

Hi Friends, We need to create a script which will invoke a command with diffrent parameters. The command invoked needs the password. So how automatically we can enter password in the script to the command? example.: #!/bin/ksh for par in `cat parfile` do # Here is the main command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabhsharma
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/usr password

how to login with ssh to remote system with out applying the remote root/user password with rlogin we can ujse .rhosts file but with ssh howits possible plz guide (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

changing which password is prompted for in sudoers

Basically I only want particular users to know the root password, but I also want power users to be able to run certain commands with root privileges. All admins for this box will be authenticating initially through winbind (I do have a backdoor account in case winbind goes wonky) I want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Prompted for password when reverse SSH connecting

Dear Experts, I am writing a batch script to transfer files from server AA to BB without prompting for password. Already, ssh keys have been generated in BB and public key of BB has been stored in AA as part of some other project requirement. So, I thought of reusing this. I can now transfer... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss112233
6 Replies
PAM_LOGIN_ACCESS(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 				       PAM_LOGIN_ACCESS(8)

NAME
pam_login_access -- login.access PAM module SYNOPSIS
[service-name] module-type control-flag pam_login_access [options] DESCRIPTION
The login.access service module for PAM provides functionality for only one PAM category: account management. In terms of the module-type parameter, this is the ``account'' feature. Login.access Account Management Module The login.access account management component (pam_sm_acct_mgmt()), returns success if and only if the user is allowed to log in on the spec- ified tty (in the case of a local login) or from the specified remote host (in the case of a remote login), according to the restrictions listed in /etc/login.access. SEE ALSO
login.access(5), pam.conf(5), pam(8) AUTHORS
The login.access(5) access control scheme was designed and implemented by Wietse Venema. The pam_login_access module and this manual page were developed for the FreeBSD Project by ThinkSec AS and NAI Labs, the Security Research Division of Network Associates, Inc. under DARPA/SPAWAR contract N66001-01-C-8035 (``CBOSS''), as part of the DARPA CHATS research program. BSD
January 24, 2002 BSD