Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed for writing a script Post 302149275 by sriram_1978 on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 12:48:48 PM
Old 12-05-2007
Help needed for writing a script

I have a requirement to write a script to get the number of errors generated during a time period. How can I achieve this.

To be exact, I need to get the number of 404 or 500 errors generated during a time period from 01 to 02 hrs from a webserver access log.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sriram

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help writing a script

Hello everyone. Well, I will get right to the point. I am new to Perl and trying to learn it as much as I can. I have been assigned the task of writing a perl script to extract information from firewall logs. Like I said, I am new to Perl and I am having a tough time because I think what I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in writing awk script for xml source

Hi, i am not able to get an approach for converting xml file to flat file using awk programming. Can anyone help me out. The input xml is like this: <outer> <field1>one</field1> <field2>two</field2> <field3>three<Error Code=777 Description=12345/></field3> <field4>four</field4> </outer>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_0101bits
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

needed help in writing a script!

Hi all, I needed help in writing a script for the following question.please help. Non-recursive shell script that accepts any number of arguments and prints them in the Reverse order. (For example, if the script is named rargs, then executing rargs A B C should produce C B A on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed in writing a script

when i run a command the output is something like this: #3136 0.872914 01/17/08 22:06:36 #24817 1.231532 01/18/08 05:00:44 #15371 1.291679 01/18/08 03:00:08 #21279 2.130480 01/18/08 04:03:16 #7835 27.892056 01/18/08 00:01:32 i need to check if any one of the second column is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cybersandex
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help writing this script

Here is the script I am trying to write along with my answer I wrote. Please help me understand why it doesn't work. Create an executable script file called "newname" that will perform the followings: 1. Rename a file upon the user's request. If the file exists, prompt the user for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in writing the script

Hi, I have written a script which converts a give hexdecimal value to binary value in perl. But now, the problem is I should read every bit of it ( if its 10101010, i should read the value in each position and if the value in that position is 1 i should print a string and should exit if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashreddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me in writing my script

hello all, I have a script, used to search for the strings from the set of 5 similar pattern file from the log dir. So here it goes . The input parameter is a part of the file name. When during the script execution, the script should parse the input parameter to original file's with the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in writing script

i need some help in donig some actions on files in a library. i want to get the n last files, and print to the screen their name, date, and how many times a specific string appears in each file.. how can i do this..?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in writing a menu driven script

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me write a shell script in Linux that backsup/restores data to anywhere I choose but it needs to be menu driven? Thanks, I'm new to Linux/Unix but liking it so far...just hoping to get to grips with the scripts! :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicole
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

Please help me writing this script

I work on a production server. I have to check one folder named "spool" and delete files under it , which are more than 5 minutes old. I do it manually by writing two commands. touch -t YYMMDDHHMMSS /tmp/timeinfo find /spool ! -newer /tmp/timeinfo -exec rm -rf {} \; I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)