Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Some Problem with Korne Shell// Post 302149201 by marconi on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 08:44:46 AM
Old 12-05-2007
Korne Shell

Any pointers will do.

Thanks.

Last edited by marconi; 12-05-2007 at 10:00 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell problem

&& set -x && echo "enter tablespace_end_backup" >&2 Can you tell me what's mean above? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lee
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korne Script for format file

Hi All, I am not too familiar with Korne script so I need as much help as possible on this ;) What I want to do is: from the excel file on my computer, I want to take certain field from this xls file and put it in txt or cvs format in specific width column. Then fpt this file into the server. ... (51 Replies)
Discussion started by: CamTu
51 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailing in Korne shell

All Iam using Korne shell in AIX OS. Can u give me the syntax to send a mail. Thanx in advance Regards Deepak (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

GOTO LOOP in KORNE SHELL

All Please help to provide "goto" functionality in KORN shell script. ex: 1: Command Process some command if check some variable true goto 1 else process some other Please help to implement this example in korne... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in shell

hi, can any one tell a solution for the following : I want to append 10 spaces and a string say "ok" to 12 digit number which is stored in a varialbe & display using shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sandeep Kale
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed Length records- Korne Shell Program.

Hi, I need some help regarding in writing a Korne shell script, in determining the fixed length records in a data file. We have already utility in place, which does this work. The Code for this is as below. In the below $1 is the parameter passed to the script, which is the data file name. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrajesh_2009
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korne Shell Problem.

Hi Everyone, I have tried with the following Code for each of the following, but that does not seem to serve the purpose. Can someone give some pointers please. 1) A Korne Shell which asks the user to enter the name of a file when searching it recursively (using the find command) in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korne Shell...

In Korne Shell Scripting, how to search recursively in a directory, the list of files modified after a given date .. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding modified File List after the chosen date in Korne Shell...

I am trying to write a Korne Shell asking the user for a date and a directory and then search recursively in this directory the list of files modified after the date chosen. But I am not getting good results when I Test it... #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Enter a date (YYYYMMDD) " read date touch -t... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with if in shell

Hi, My sheel script has below statement: if; then When I run iam getting the below error: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `then' What is wrong with that statement: Plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_script
2 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source(3perl)	 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	  CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source(3perl)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source - read in CPANPLUS commands SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /source /tmp/list_of_commands /tmp/more_commands DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that works just like your unix shells source(1) command; it reads in a file that has commands in it to execute, and then executes them. A sample file might look like this: # first, update all the source files x --update_source # find all of my modules that are on the CPAN # test them, and store the error log a ^KANE$' t * p /home/kane/cpan-autotest/log # and inform us we're good to go ! print "Autotest complete, log stored; please enter your commands!" Note how empty lines, and lines starting with a '#' are being skipped in the execution. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.14.2 2014-09-29 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Source(3perl)