Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting test for directory being subdir of another directory Post 302149029 by hackware on Tuesday 4th of December 2007 04:47:26 PM
Old 12-04-2007
so ^$2 is a SUBDIRECTORY of $1...?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to test directory availibility

Hello, I'm trying to test if a directory specified in a script parameter is available or not. I wrote a little code to do so, but there's a problem because I receive an error message. My code: #Verify command parameter if then echo 'Incorrect command parameter' echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santuna
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to test filename is file or directory

hi all plz let me how to test output of "tail -1 filelist.lst" is file or directory. regards -Bali Reddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

test if there are files in directory

Hi, I am trying to test if there are files in a directory and if theres i want to get a list. Any ideas? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RSAM2007
1 Replies

4. Solaris

test and .test in same directory

i am using solaris 5.10. i can create two different files "test" and ".test" in the same directory. now suppose i want to change the attribute of the hidden file .test to visible is it possible??? since "." is just an attribute to mark a file hidden why is unix allows creation of "file" and... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem when test to see if directory exists

Hi, I'm writing a shell script that will create a folder if it does not exist yet. Here's the script: (this if statement is inside a while loop) folderName="Pics" if ! test -d folderName then mkdir $folderName fi However, after the folder Pics has been created, every time the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trivektor
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rm: Unable to remove directory /mnt/users/test/logs/: File exists

rm: Unable to remove directory /mnt/users/test/logs/: File exists ls -latr total 191208 drwxrwxrwx 6 test echo 4096 Jul 3 22:36 .. -rwxrwxrwx 1 test echo 97692804 Jul 3 22:36 .nfsDFA4 drwxrwxr-x 2 test echo 4096 Jul 3 23:00 . M not able to delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solitare123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FIle (directory) test operator (bash)

I'm almost pulling out my hair trying to figure out what's wrong with this... there's no reason I can see that it shouldn't be working. It seems that the code acts as though the conditional statement is true no matter what - I've even tried removing the negation operator, but it always goes into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wildbluefaerie
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test if a script can cd into a directory

Is there a way for a bash script to test if it can cd into a directory without actually attempting to cd into it? I am looking for something along the lines of: if ;then #code to execute fi except in this case I don't want to test if the directory exists; what I want is to test... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexdex200
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)