Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse a string in XML file using shell script Post 302148988 by matrixmadhan on Tuesday 4th of December 2007 01:48:08 PM
Old 12-04-2007
Code:
chomp(@inputfayl = `ls -lrt | awk '/SMSCDR/ { before = curr; curr = \$9 }END{ print before }'`);
   while (<@inputfayl>) {
      if (/CDR/) {
        $inputfayl=$_;
        print OUTPUT "$inputfayl ##########################################################################################\n";
      }
    }

The output of ls -lrt | ..
is going to be just one file... there is no need to process the @inputfayl,

that could be assigned to a scalar and used directly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String in XML file

Hello All, I am new to this and I need to parse an XML file. Here's the XML Input File: <Report version="1.2"> <summary fatals="0" testcases="1" expected_fails="0" unexpected_passes="0" warnings="9" tests="21" errors="0" fails="1" passes="20" /> <testresult... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating a Unix Script to parse xml file

Hi All, My requirement is create an unix script to parse the xml file and display the values of the Elements/value between the tags on console. Like say, I would like to fetch the value of errorCode from the below xml which is 'U007' and display it. Can we use SED command for this? I have tried... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anil.Wmg
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file into CSV with shell?

Hi, It's been a few years since college when I did stuff like this all the time. Can someone help me figure out how to best tackle this problem? I need to parse a file full of entries that look like this: <eq action="A" sectyType="0" symbol="PGR" exch="CA" curr="VEF" sess="NORM"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pcushing
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex/shell script to Parse through XML Records

Hi All, I have been working on something that doesn't seem to have a clear regex solution and I just wanted to run it by everyone to see if I could get some insight into the method of solving this problem. I have a flat text file that contains billing records for users, however the records... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerrad
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file in shell script

Hi Everybody, I have an XML file containing some data and i want to extract it, but the specific issue in my file is that the data is repeated some times like the following example : <section1> <subsection1> X=... Y=... Z=... <\subsection1> <subsection2> X=... Y=... Z=...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yassine
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script (not Perl) to parse xml with awk

Hi, I have to make an script according to these: - I have couples of files like: xxxxxxxxxxxxx.csv xxxxxxxxxxxxx_desc.xml - every xml file has diferent fields, but keeps this format: ........ <defaultName>2011-02-25T16:43:43.582Z</defaultName> ........... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pluff
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse xml file in variable-string?

In the wake of the post: how-parse-following-xml-file Thank you for the very useful chakrapani response 302355585-post4 ! A close question. How to pass a file to xmllint in variable? For example, let it be: NEARLY_FILE='<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?><html><set label="09/07/29"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OleM2k
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Parse the XML data along with the URL in Shell Script?

Hi, Can anybody help to solve this. I want to parse some xmldata along with the URL in the Shell. I'm calling the URL via the curl command Given below is my shell script file export... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Megala
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse xml in shell script and extract records with specific condition

Hi I have xml file with multiple records and would like to extract records from xml with specific condition if specific tag is present extract entire row otherwise skip . <logentry revision="21510"> <author>mantest</author> <date>2015-02-27</date> <QC_ID>334566</QC_ID>... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
12 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD