Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Assigning IP's
Operating Systems HP-UX Assigning IP's Post 302148232 by macgre_r on Friday 30th of November 2007 09:36:38 AM
Old 11-30-2007
thanks denn, "who -R" is exactly what I'm looking for, you see, for certain applications we have one login to do various batch jobs with multiple people using that one login, "who -R" allows me to see the IP's logged in and assign a name to each persons IP so I can see exactly which person is doing what with that one login. (hope this is making sense??????) Smilie Smilie Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a value to variable

Another newbie to Unix scripting Q.. How do you assign a value resulting from a command, such as awk, to a variable. I am currently trying:- $awk '{print $1}' file1 > variable1 with no change to $variable1. The line: $awk '{print $1}' file1 does print the first line of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirtrancealot
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Value of variable

Hi In my shell script, I'm trying to find the line count of a file and assign it to a variable. LINE_COUNT=$(wc -l $FILE_NAME) But when i display LINE_COUNT, i'm getting the linecount concatenated with the file name. I want only the number. How can i get the line count alone ? Someone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janemary.a
2 Replies

3. Solaris

assigning ip to second interface

Hi, I have just installed Sun Solaris 8 on my Sun Server Machine. I have assigned a one ip to eri0 interface. i want to assign anohter ip to the another ethernet interface but i am not able to find it. can any body help me to assigning the second ip to the second inteface so that i can able to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adnangc
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value to a variable

can we make a global variable and store character values and add other values to that variable ?? for example a="hello, John" and can we add value ". How are you? so a can have "hello, John. How are you?" can someone help me?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonosungho
2 Replies

5. AIX

assigning ip to second nic

Hi admins i want to assign new ip adress to my aix 5.3 machine which is in LPAR ent3 Available Virtual I/O Ethernet Adapter (l-lan) ent0 Available 05-08 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-X Adapter (14108902) ent1 Available 05-09 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX PCI-X Adapter (14108902) ent2... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variables

i have variables RECIPIENTS_DEVL,RECIPIENTS_UACC,RECIPIENTS_PROD i have a case statement to get the phase variable: case ${WMD_UPHASE1} in u) WMD_UPHASE4=UACC;; i) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; p) WMD_UPHASE4=PROD;; d) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; *) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; esac I am unable to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a value to a variable

Hi I have a script that accepts an input date in YYYY-MM-DD format. After that, I used sed to delete the hyphen (-) which gives me an output YYYY MM DD. My question is, how can I assign those three numbers to a three different variable. Example: 2013-11-23 will become 2013 11 23... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Variables

Hi, Can the below be clarified please. i just want to know what is the difference between the two ways of assigning variables as mentioned below. export SRC_TBL=${SRC_TBL-"MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG"} export SRC_TBL="MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG" thanks in advance :) Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value to a variable

Unable to get the value to a variable. set -x cd $HOME echo "Enter the server name" read a echo $a i=4 j=1 k = ps -ef | awk '/server1/{ print $4 }' | tail -$i | head -$j` echo $k When I do the same in command line it works, however the same does not work when I provide that in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a variable

I have a date column as 06302015 but I need to have variable which extracts 063015. Am trying something like below but it is not assigning Please let me know if am missing something. Thanks in advance. ################################ #!/usr/bin/ksh DT=06302015 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
7 Replies
HOSTS.NNTP(5)							File Formats Manual						     HOSTS.NNTP(5)

NAME
hosts.nntp, hosts.nntp.nolimit - list of hosts that feed NNTP news DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/news/hosts.nntp is read by innd(8) to get the list of hosts that feed the local site Usenet news using the NNTP protocol. The server reads this file at start-up or when directed to by ctlinnd(8). When a host connects to the NNTP port of the system on which innd is running, the server will do a check to see if their Internet address is the same as one of the hosts named in this file. If the host is not mentioned, then innd will spawn an nnrpd(8) to process the connection, with the accepted connection on standard input and stan- dard output. Comments begin with a number sign (``#'') and continue through the end of the line. Blank lines and comments also ignored. All other lines should consist of two or three fields separated by a colon. The first field should be either an Internet address in dotted-quad format or an address that can be parsed by gethostbyname(3). If a host's entry has multiple addresses, all of them will be added to the access list. The second field, which may be blank, is the password the foreign host is required to use when first connecting. The third field, which may be omitted, is a list of newsgroups to which the host may send articles. This list is parsed as a newsfeeds(5) subscription list; groups not in the list are ignored. Posts crossposted in groups matched by a @group.* entry are dropped. For example: ## FOO has a password, UUNET and VIX dont. ## UUNET cannot post to local groups. ## Example is not part of Usenet II. ## These are comment lines. news.foo.com:magic uunet.uu.net::!foo.* data.ramona.vix.com: newspeer.example.com::*,@net.* The first field may be suffixed by ``/s'' to indicate that streaming commands are specifically permitted to be used by this host. By default streaming commands are available to all hosts. If any entry in hosts.nntp has a ``/s'' suffix, then only those hosts with the ``/s'' suffix will be permitted to use streaming commands. For example, with the following hosts.nntp file, only the host data.ramona.vix.com is allowed to use the streaming commands. ## As above, but news.foo.com:magic uunet.uu.net::!foo.* data.ramona.vix.com/s: The first field may be suffixed by ``/a'' to indicate that the IP address of the feeding hosts allowed by this entry should always be included in the Path line of articles, or by ``/t'' to indicate that the address should not be included, or ``/a'' followed by a pathhost value to indicate that the IP address should be included if the most recent Path entry does not match the pathhost specified after ``/a''. The default is to log the address in articles whose most recent Path entry is not the same as the hostname in the hosts.nntp entry. Since innd is usually started at system boot time, the local nameserver may not be fully operational when innd parses this file. As a work-around, a ctlinnd ``reload'' command can be performed after a delay of an hour or so. It is also possible to provide both a host's name and its dotted-quad address in the file. If the file contains passwords, it should not be world-readable. The file /etc/news/hosts.nntp.nolimit, if it exists is read whenever the ``hosts.nntp'' file is read. It has the same format, although only the first field is used. Any host mentioned in this file is not sub- ject to the incoming connections limit specified by innd's ``-i'' flag. This can be used to allow local hosts or time-sensitive peers, to connect regardless of the local conditions. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.22, dated 1996/11/27. SEE ALSO
ctlinnd(8), innd(8), nnrpd(8). HOSTS.NNTP(5)