Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Scripts Post 302148195 by vgersh99 on Friday 30th of November 2007 06:22:17 AM
Old 11-30-2007
try:
Code:
open $FTP_SRVR
user $FTP_USR $FTP_PWD

Last edited by vgersh99; 11-30-2007 at 07:35 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple FTP scripts submitted to a subprocess

Why does running 5 FTP scripts sequentially take longer to run (16 seconds) than when all 5 are submitted to a subprocess and run simultaneously (7 seconds)? I would think there would be some I/O contention. There are about 10 files to be FTP'd in each script. Although each script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomstone_98
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Shell Scripts from Windows to Unix: files have exotic characters

Hey guys, I am working on my shell scripts in wordpad in windows. Then, I upload it to my unix using psftp, but when I open those files with "vi" in Unix, there are all these "^M" characters in the file. Would anyone of you have a clue as to why? Help would be appreciated. Thanks, Laud (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laud12345
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find out Errors in FTP Scripts

Hi Please let me know is there any way through which I can find out errors & do debugging in FTP scripts. Thanks Sourabh TCS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sourabhshakya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP is using shell scripts create ? for file

ftp -n -v <<EOF verbose open 3.57.40.79 user infodvlp pr0gram ascii lcd /home/a501420038/GLA/Success_Load/ cd /ftp/SrcFiles/csg/InstruAsia/ get AU_Success_Log.txt close quit EOF Please help on this, this gives the out put "AU_Success_Log.txt?" As question mark in the last what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a501420038
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with FTP scripts

Hi, I'm using the following code to FTP files from a remote system. ftp -inv <ip address> <<ENDFTP user uname password ENDFTP echo " binary get <file name> bye " > ftp.tmp ftp -inv < ftp.tmp I want to know how I can capture the details of the FTP process in a file. I would also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bornon2303
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ftp scripts and cron

Need some help / advice with the follow script... Basically i have an FTP server that connects to other ftp servers and sends and downloads files every few hours or so. There are 12 different accounts that all have 2 scripts each, one to send and one to receive. Below is an example send script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Scripts to move files via FTP with error checking

Hi Members, Can members please advise or suggest how to write UNIX script which move all zip files in source directory and when done delete zip files from source directory? We want to delete only on successful transfer to the destination. secondly want to add some error checking if the FTP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dxj0815
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Scripts moving aging file by FTP

Hi Experts, Kindly share scripts to find aging file and ftp to another server.. Example: Find files more than 5 days and ftp to another server. Please give suggestion :) Thanks Edy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
1 Replies
XDG-OPEN(1)							  xdg-open Manual						       XDG-OPEN(1)

NAME
xdg-open - opens a file or URL in the user's preferred application SYNOPSIS
xdg-open {file | URL} xdg-open {--help | --manual | --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-open opens a file or URL in the user's preferred application. If a URL is provided the URL will be opened in the user's preferred web browser. If a file is provided the file will be opened in the preferred application for files of that type. xdg-open supports file, ftp, http and https URLs. xdg-open is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-open as root. OPTIONS
--help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manual page. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. EXAMPLES
xdg-open 'http://www.freedesktop.org/' Opens the freedesktop.org website in the user's default browser. xdg-open /tmp/foobar.png Opens the PNG image file /tmp/foobar.png in the user's default image viewing application. AUTHORS
Kevin Krammer Author. Jeremy White Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 xdg-utils 1.0 08/18/2014 XDG-OPEN(1)