Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: small problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers small problem Post 302147886 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 29th of November 2007 12:42:41 AM
Old 11-29-2007
check if stat command is available at your system

also check out the stat system call

if you are using Perl, you can use Perl's in-built function stat

PHP also provides stat function

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

a small problem

hey there i kinda have a small/big problem. i have created a 'small' version of a shell that only accepts ls comamnds. my problem is that when i compiled the program and got it to work, i deleted the .c file from which the shell was created. but now, i would like to do some more work on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mile1982
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

small date problem

Hi there I currently use a line in a script ndate=$(date +"%d/%m/%Y") This obviously returns the date in a format i have chosen. However, I need to come up with a solution for weekends and as such need a way of returning todays date minus two days in the same format (24/11/2004) so for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small UNIX problem

I have a shell script that carries out an extraction process as follows: For a given input file dummy which looks like the following: a.txt a 1 a 2 xnzbcnzbxcbzxncbmnzxbcmzx 546 456 45 5 6 56 a 3 b.txt b1 b2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Small problem...

Nice pictures, really free from virtual swingers club !!!! Anal sex Body art Gay Hardcore Lesbian Oral sex Cum XXX Models Private Image Galleries Private XXX photo Free!!! Say no to Spamers!!! Auto forum spam msg replacer by Swinguru © (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Green_Monkey23
1 Replies

5. SCO

Small Problem with SCO

Help Please , how to shutdown SCO v. 5.0.5 from client pc ( windows xp or 2000 ) ? i have full access from client and i need to shutdown SCO from windows (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rabih_saleh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to debug a small shell script (maybe AWK problem)?

Hi Buddies, The following is shell scripts which was borrowed from linux box for load average check. it runs good. (this structure is simple, when load average is too high, it will send alert to user) #!/usr/bin/ksh # Set threshold for 1, 5 and 15 minture load avarage # configured for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GreatJerry
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A small AWK problem

I have a file tmp.out with contents: 2008-08-09 05:11:01 2008-08-09 08:52:59 2008-08-11 12:08:34 2008-08-11 12:15:40 I want the output to be: 3|0|1|71|2008-08-09 05:11:01|2008-08-30 11:19:28 4|0|1|71|2008-08-09 08:52:59|2008-08-30 11:19:28 5|0|1|71|2008-08-11 12:08:34|2008-08-30 11:19:28... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED help, small problem

Hi, I have this sed command to grep a date from a filename for a script we have. I am awful with sed so I need help. Sometimes it works fine but other times it does not, see below. works bash-3.00# echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GermanJulian
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Small Problem about Default Gateway

I have Ubuntu linux Os with two eth cards. I can easily delete def gatewayg. But I can't add new one.. :confused::confused: When I run route-n: alperen@alperen-System-Product-Name:~$ route -n Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mhnds
1 Replies

10. Linux

Small problem

hello, i am a newbie and i really need your help i have an centos 6.5 and i wonder if i can create a list with random 4 letters : gdjf ornc tyrn jfdn nofd etc.... if it can be done , i will really apreciate your help ! THANKS !!! ---------- Post updated at 07:16 AM... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: suppliernr1
10 Replies
Tcl_Access(3)						      Tcl Library Procedures						     Tcl_Access(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_Access, Tcl_Stat - check file permissions and other attributes SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_Access(path, mode) int Tcl_Stat(path, statPtr) ARGUMENTS
char *path (in) Native name of the file to check the attributes of. int mode (in) Mask consisting of one or more of R_OK, W_OK, X_OK and F_OK. R_OK, W_OK and X_OK request checking whether the file exists and has read, write and execute permissions, respectively. F_OK just requests checking for the existence of the file. struct stat *statPtr (out) The structure that contains the result. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
As of Tcl 8.4, the object-based APIs Tcl_FSAccess and Tcl_FSStat should be used in preference to Tcl_Access and Tcl_Stat, wherever possi- ble. There are two reasons for calling Tcl_Access and Tcl_Stat rather than calling system level functions access and stat directly. First, the Windows implementation of both functions fixes some bugs in the system level calls. Second, both Tcl_Access and Tcl_Stat (as well as Tcl_OpenFileChannelProc) hook into a linked list of functions. This allows the possibility to reroute file access to alternative media or access methods. Tcl_Access checks whether the process would be allowed to read, write or test for existence of the file (or other file system object) whose name is pathname. If pathname is a symbolic link on Unix, then permissions of the file referred by this symbolic link are tested. On success (all requested permissions granted), zero is returned. On error (at least one bit in mode asked for a permission that is denied, or some other error occurred), -1 is returned. Tcl_Stat fills the stat structure statPtr with information about the specified file. You do not need any access rights to the file to get this information but you need search rights to all directories named in the path leading to the file. The stat structure includes info regarding device, inode (always 0 on Windows), privilege mode, nlink (always 1 on Windows), user id (always 0 on Windows), group id (always 0 on Windows), rdev (same as device on Windows), size, last access time, last modification time, and creation time. If path exists, Tcl_Stat returns 0 and the stat structure is filled with data. Otherwise, -1 is returned, and no stat info is given. KEYWORDS
stat, access Tcl 8.1 Tcl_Access(3)