Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: change the output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change the output Post 302147662 by ust on Wednesday 28th of November 2007 02:42:02 AM
Old 11-28-2007
change the output

I have a applicaton , when run /tmp/my_script , that will output the result to the screen ( as below ) , the output is very long ( about 1500 lines ) , I have a program ( as below ) that will show the output with function 1 > 1 , it works fine , however , the output only show page 1 of this 1500 lines ( round 60 lines output is shown ) , can advise what is wrong , how to output all 1500 lines ? besides , if I want the output only have fisrt two column ( date & time in my case ) , the number column do not show , can advise how to change my program ? thx in advance.

the result
======
04/15/07 01:00:00 1 8 7 8 5 8 4 5 5 7
04/15/07 02:00:00 1 2 58 7 5 6 4 1 8
"
"
"
(total 1500 lines )

My program
=======
#vi /tmp/my_program
#/bin/ksh
/tmp/my_script <<EOF
sleep 1
sleep
EOF

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Change Uname output?

I want replace 2.6.15-25-server with 2.6.17 ? $uname -r 2.6.15-25-server 1) mv /bin/uname /bin/uname.orig 2) put the following in the new /bin/uname: #!/bin/sh echo Uname (New Version) /bin/uname.orig :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pop_black
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Change Uname output?

I want use fake uname anyone can guide? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: redstaing
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change output if file is empty

I'm very new to writing scripts, so here is my problem...I have the following code already written (in perl) system "rm file2"; open(FILE2, ">file2"); open(MYINPUTFILE, "file"); while(<MYINPUTFILE>) { my($line) = $_; chomp($line); print file2 "$line\n"; print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddrew78
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Read file and change a 0 to a 1 in output

<key>ExcludeSimpleHostnames</key> <integer>0</integer> <key>FTPPassive</key> Need simple command that will change the 0 to a 1 in this file when I grep it, but only for this integer key directly after the ExcludeSimpleHostnames key. I got this output code... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the output format

when i run the following command db2 list tablespaces Tablespaces for Current Database Tablespace ID = 0 Name = SYSCATSPACE State = 0x0000 Tablespace ID ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I change is output format by awk ?

Hello, Can you tell me how can I change this format by awk Input 0.2057422D-01 0.2463722D-01 -0.1068047D-02 Output 0.02057422 0.02463722 -0.001068047 Thanks wan (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanchem
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find output seems to change when piped

Currently, i am trying to create a simple robust script that is intended to move the contents of a given source directory to a target directory. Optionally, the script should allow to either move the whole source dir content, or dotfiles only, or visible files only. I am aware the target directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shells_bells
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

change output format using ksh

I have a script that reaches out to several systems and pulls back infomation in serveral files. I would like to take the infomation returned and reformat it so I can export it to excel. Below is current output: File1:item1:abc=1 File1:item2:efg File2:item1:ab=1 File2:item2:efg... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldman2
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Why does output order change?

I have this END section in an awk script: END { for (j in littlebin) { print (j, int(log(j)/log(2)) , littlebin) lbsum+=littlebin } for (i in bins) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract name from path and change output

Dear All, I would like to extract the file name without extension form a variable... In particular I have a command like this one: for file in path/to/file/example_number.ext do something -input $file -output ${file%_number.ext}.new done means that in variable $file are saved all the path... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
3 Replies
GIT-MERGE-FILE(1)                                                   Git Manual                                                   GIT-MERGE-FILE(1)

NAME
git-merge-file - Run a three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
git merge-file [-L <current-name> [-L <base-name> [-L <other-name>]]] [--ours|--theirs|--union] [-p|--stdout] [-q|--quiet] [--marker-size=<n>] [--[no-]diff3] <current-file> <base-file> <other-file> DESCRIPTION
git merge-file incorporates all changes that lead from the <base-file> to <other-file> into <current-file>. The result ordinarily goes into <current-file>. git merge-file is useful for combining separate changes to an original. Suppose <base-file> is the original, and both <current-file> and <other-file> are modifications of <base-file>, then git merge-file combines both changes. A conflict occurs if both <current-file> and <other-file> have changes in a common segment of lines. If a conflict is found, git merge-file normally outputs a warning and brackets the conflict with lines containing <<<<<<< and >>>>>>> markers. A typical conflict will look like this: <<<<<<< A lines in file A ======= lines in file B >>>>>>> B If there are conflicts, the user should edit the result and delete one of the alternatives. When --ours, --theirs, or --union option is in effect, however, these conflicts are resolved favouring lines from <current-file>, lines from <other-file>, or lines from both respectively. The length of the conflict markers can be given with the --marker-size option. The exit value of this program is negative on error, and the number of conflicts otherwise (truncated to 127 if there are more than that many conflicts). If the merge was clean, the exit value is 0. git merge-file is designed to be a minimal clone of RCS merge; that is, it implements all of RCS merge's functionality which is needed by git(1). OPTIONS
-L <label> This option may be given up to three times, and specifies labels to be used in place of the corresponding file names in conflict reports. That is, git merge-file -L x -L y -L z a b c generates output that looks like it came from files x, y and z instead of from files a, b and c. -p Send results to standard output instead of overwriting <current-file>. -q Quiet; do not warn about conflicts. --diff3 Show conflicts in "diff3" style. --ours, --theirs, --union Instead of leaving conflicts in the file, resolve conflicts favouring our (or their or both) side of the lines. EXAMPLES
git merge-file README.my README README.upstream combines the changes of README.my and README.upstream since README, tries to merge them and writes the result into README.my. git merge-file -L a -L b -L c tmp/a123 tmp/b234 tmp/c345 merges tmp/a123 and tmp/c345 with the base tmp/b234, but uses labels a and c instead of tmp/a123 and tmp/c345. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-MERGE-FILE(1)