Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex sed replacement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complex sed replacement Post 302147506 by radoulov on Tuesday 27th of November 2007 08:47:40 AM
Old 11-27-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_ring99
Wow radoulov,
That's brilliant. It works perfectly.
This is going to save me so much laborious editing.
I can't thank you enough for your efforts.

Regards
Bob Smilie
You're welcome!
Glad we could help Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacement using sed

Hi I have the following file that i need to run a sed command on 1<tab>running 2<tab>running 3<tab>running 4<tab>running I want to be able to replace a line i.e the second one with '2<tab>failed'. As the first number is unique that can be used to search for the relevant line (using ^2 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Replacement for sed

Hi Can anyone provide me the replacement of sed with xargs perl syntax for the below sed -e :a -e '/;$/!N;s/\n//; ta' -e 's/;$//' This should be without looping has to take minimal time for search (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED complex string replacement

sed -i 's:"ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep":"ps -C java -o pid,cmd | grep ${SERVER_NAME} | cut -d' ' -f1 | grep -v grep":g' scriptName That's what I'm attempting to do. I'm attempting to replace this: ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep with this: ps -C java -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replacement

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but I'm a noob and I can't figure it out. I'm trying to use sed, but would be happy to use anything that does the job. I am trying to trim off a fixed number of unknown characters from 2 different : delimited fields while keeping the intervening... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helix_w
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement with sed

I am trying to replace the line which has string "tablespace" not case senstive.... with below simple script: mysrcipt.sh sed "s/.*/TABLESPACE USERS/g" create_table > tmp mv tmp create_table Is there any better way to do it? If Search string tooooooo long it will be tough to code in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A complex sed statement

I have following requirement. Say, my text file contains following patterns {2010501005|XXGpvertex|9|0|17|0|{|{30100001|XXparameter_set|@@@@{{30001002|XXparameter|!prototype_path|$AB_COMPONENTS/Sort/Sort.mpc|3|2|Pf$|@{0|}} }}@0|@315000|78500|335000|99000|114000|87000|17|And the Sort|Ab... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement

Hi, i have a file with lines, file.txt ------- test is fun testing is better I need to replace 'test' to 'develop' and i used, a=test b=develop sed "s,$a,$b,g" -------- but i see the word 'testing' is also replaced. Need some solution. Is there any way i could replace only 'test' ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement error

Hi ,"environment":"accent-release","build":"ac-1112_c_Alph_Nop-release_rele-1112_c_Alph_Nop-release_rele","tags":"" above is the config file, where in i want to replace value after build inside the double quotes... that value i'll be passing as parameter for example if m passing ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replacement inplace

I need to make permanent changes in the file after find and replace using sed. for this i am using sed -i However this is not working. says sed: illegal option -- i I am working on Sun Solaris uname -a SunOS aspsun14 5.10 Generic_150400-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise any other work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed text replacement

Hello, I'm using Bash and Sed to replace text within a text file (1.txt) twice in one script. Using a for loop I'm initially replacing any 'apple' words with the variable 'word1' ("leg). I'm then using another for loop to replace any 'apple' words with the variable 'word2' ("arm"). This task is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flip-Flop
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)