Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shutdown a system by MAC?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shutdown a system by MAC? Post 302147454 by deaconf19 on Tuesday 27th of November 2007 05:23:40 AM
Old 11-27-2007
Well the thing is the way we did this fault tolerance was because to bring up a server that is the same setup is faster than changing the way our software ont he clients talks to the secondary server. to change over 30 clients at one site takes login logout and change the master node. then accept some gui answers then reboot. that down time is unacceptable considering it is for the miltiary. Well this way we have like i said creates a problem when they bring it up. Could i possibly add another ip that would not effect our clients connection to the server but we could access?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

logs for system shutdown

I am working on a SUN T2000 machine with Solaris 10 running on it. When I checked the system this morning, I found it to be turned off. The lastreboot command showed that the system had been shut down the previous night. I want to find out how the system was shut down. I have run hardware health... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: batman727
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System Shutdown Warning Using SAM

Bump to questions thread, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MINICooperS
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

system restarts after shutdown!!

Hello, from last few days my laptop is not whutting down properly.. when ever i ty to shutdown it restarts again.. what may be problem?? antivirus is updated till date.. and i use windows xp sp2.... regards, deepak. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Shutdown system option

I am working on sunos solaris. I want to know which is good for system shut-down ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jitesh Varshney
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

shutdown system/myeclipse

Hi All, I have one situation to shut-down the system through shell script.I need script command to shut-down the system and process should end(safe-mode) the MyEclipse. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stsivaraj
0 Replies

6. Programming

Problem on capturing system Shutdown

I am having exactly the same problem with https://www.unix.com/programming/129264-application-cleanup-during-linux-shutdown.html but the thread is old and closed. The only difference is that I use sigaction() instead of signal(), which is recommended, as far as I know. This is my code: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
9 Replies
jdbreg(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 jdbreg(8)

NAME
jdbreg - Registers hosts in the DHCP dynamic databases. SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/jdbreg [-d] [-e] [-f character] [-s] [-l | -n] [-o] [-w] filename... OPTIONS
Deletes the records whose keys are implied by the input file(s). Uses character as the field separator. The default is the pipe | charac- ter. Display all currently registered hosts. DESCRIPTION
The jdbreg program registers (or removes) hosts for configuration by DHCP. When the registered_hosts_only policy is in effect, the server configure only clients whose MAC addresses are so registered. When this policy is not in effect, registering hosts has no effect. Each record to be loaded is terminated by a newline, and the fields within each record delimited by default with the pipe (|) character, although this may be changed with the -f command line option. The fields within the data file(s) to be loaded are as follows: MAC address MAC address type MAC address length (octets) RESTRICTIONS
Because the database used by join does not support multiuser concurrently, applications that write to it, lock the entire database. This means that you cannot use jdbreg while joind is running. The converse is also true. FILES
SEE ALSO
Commands: joind(8) jdbreg(8)