Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg: Gzip
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reg: Gzip Post 302147416 by sam99 on Tuesday 27th of November 2007 01:40:15 AM
Old 11-27-2007
can i open this tar gzip file using winzip in MS windows...

regards,
sam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

reg:rm -R is not working

I am installing the my package in SCO unix 5.0 .so it will create some temporary directories and files and same will delete.So , 'rm -R ' is not working in system .in the package only it has given this command,so now without this command working we can not go forward. so kindly help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokri_1980
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Reg. Expression

I need help with this: Can any one tell me what does these below mean: 1. "\(.\).*") != '/' 2. sed 's+^\./++;s+/.*++' 3. sed "s+${f}/+ + Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reg chown

hi i wrote a script to run 'C' executable which will create a new file, after that util is completed, i have to change the file ownership to some other user. for that i used "chown" for changing the file permission in Korn script :confused:but it is throwing error is "operation... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilayans
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg Ex question

Hi All, If I had a string that was a combination of plain text and quoted text - For ex String: This "sentence is" a combination of "multiple words" I wanted to know how I can write a reg-ex that splits the above string into the following result = This result = sentence is result = a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
7 Replies

6. Solaris

doubt reg gzip,gunzip

Hi, Can anyone let me explain the difference between tar , uncompress,gzip and gunzip commands. both gzip and gunzip are same i think correct me if am wrong. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting - Reg.

Hi masters, I have one doubt, lets's say file1 has the following contents, 1 2.0 3.1 5.5 7 5.10 5.9 How to sort these contents to get the o/p like 1 2.0 3.1 5.5 5.9 5.10 7 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecearund
8 Replies

8. AIX

reg DS_LVZ

HI in a vg i want to display the lv name & whether the LV is enabled with DS_LVZ parameter? I used #lsvg -o | grep vgname | lsvg -il this gives the output of lv's in the vg. buti treid with lsvg -o | grep vgname| lsvg -il | egrep "LOGICAL VOLUME|DS_LVZ" but No... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balumurugesh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expressions

Hi, I would like to grep for a string within a tag, can someone provide some assistance in how to do it? So I would like to use the grep command to find a string like: <tag>sometext<tag> because the sometext can be any number of characters or an type of number or lettering, what expression... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gzip vs pipe gzip: produce different file size

Hi All, I have a random test file: test.txt, size: 146 $ ll test.txt $ 146 test.txt Take 1: $ cat test.txt | gzip > test.txt.gz $ ll test.txt.gz $ 124 test.txt.gz Take 2: $ gzip test.txt $ ll test.txt.gz $ 133 test.txt.gz As you can see, gzipping a file and piping into gzip... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hanfresco
1 Replies
virt-tar-out(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-tar-out(1)

NAME
virt-tar-out - Pack a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. SYNOPSIS
virt-tar-out -a disk.img /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir - | gzip --best > files.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
"virt-tar-out" packs a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. The first parameter is the absolute path of the virtual machine directory. The second parameter is the tar file to write. Use "-" to write to standard output. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a guest: virt-tar-out -d MyGuest /home - | gzip --best > homes.tar.gz JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "tar-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-tar-out(1)