Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Cron Issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Cron Issue Post 302147409 by Cameron on Tuesday 27th of November 2007 01:14:20 AM
Old 11-27-2007
More suggestion rather than solution ...
The USERNAME & PASSWORD should be hidden in an environment file and run at the start of the script. Just a thought.

ftp -inv ${CFS_DNS} <${FTP_BATCH} >${FTP_LOG}

Would humbly suggest:
a) Create an actual batchjob ($FTP_BATCH)
b) drop the `quote user` for `user`

Don't know what OS your using, `-d` isn't used on HP-UX 11.23.

Cheers,
Cameron

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron issue

user x has a cron job that looks in a dir and moves teh files from 1 name to another except its not working correctly. . /user/.profile # sorce the users profile for file in `ls`; do mv $file $file.`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S``microsec` done microsec is a binary with 555 perm. on it in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp in cron job

I am writing a script that will be placed in a crontab, which basically retrieves a file that is overwritten everyday (with current customer data) and then sent to another company. I was wondering what the best way to ensure that ftp was successful and notification of a success or failure message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterja
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Cron issues

I am on AS3 Update 4 Linux and am having an issue with an automated ftp script, I tried using the fd/sub proc method and that did not seem to work either. I normally use the following method to perform my ftp's but for some reason it works if I launch the script at the command line but in Cron it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanthomas
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron ftp job help

I am new to cron and am trying to set a cron job that will run everyday at 2 to go out to a server (via ftp with user name and password) and get a file and then bring it back to my sever. Below is what I have but it doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be appreciated. cron command - will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernfuss
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron FTP job

We have a script that we run manually, we want to set it up so that it will run automatically via cron, the problem is during the ftp process nothing is put, the script logs in changes directory fine, but nothing is put to the directory. I have tried it as root, a power user, etc. I have made the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another Cron issue.

Hey guys, I have a script called my_test: # !/usr/bin/sh `touch /usr/test/me` The script has been saved in /usr/test/my_test I have executed chmod 755 /usr/test/my_test Then I have entered it into the cron file using crontab -e 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/test/my_test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beefy
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron issue

When I list whats in cron -l its fine but when I try to -e edit it...it returns a number 309 can't you not edit cron this way with solaris 10? I can do it fine in sol 8 and 9. export EDITOR="vi" is set in my profile I am using BASH $ sudo crontab -l Password: #ident "@(#)root ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

cron issue

Hello, Having and issue with a job scheduled in cron. The script: #!/bin/bash 2 3 # Example shell script which can be added to roots cron job to check the 4 # Embedded Satellite disk space usage. If any table is over 90% usage, send 5 # a notice to the default email address... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
2 Replies

9. Solaris

CRON Issue

Hello, I am running Solaris 8. I have set a cron job that runs every couple hours. If I run the script manually, it runs just fine (logged in as root). The cron however will not run. It is producing an rc=1 error. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmtm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron issue

i have written a script to sftp yesterday's logs from another server as below: cd /export/home/abc/xyz/tt d=`gdate -d'yesterday' +%Y%m%d` sftp abc@XXX.XX.XX.XX<<EOF cd /yyy/logs/archive mget abc.log.$d* EOF cd /export/home/abc/xyz/scripts nohup ./ss.sh PROD & it is working fine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies
BUILDSLAVE(1)							   User Commands						     BUILDSLAVE(1)

NAME
buildslave - a tool for managing buildbot slave instances SYNOPSIS
buildslave [ global options ] command [ command options ] buildslave create-slave [ -q|--quiet ] [ -f|--force ] [ -r|--relocatable ] [ -n|--no-logrotate ] [ -k|--keepalive TIME ] [ --usepty {0|1} ] [ --umask UMASK ] [ -s|--log-size SIZE ] [ -l|--log-count COUNT ] [ --verbose ] PATH MASTER USERNAME PASSWORD buildslave [ --verbose ] { start|stop|restart } [ PATH ] buildslave [ --verbose ] { --help|--version } buildslave command -h|--help DESCRIPTION
The `buildslave' command-line tool can be used to start or stop a buildslave or create a new buildslave instance. OPTIONS
Commands create-slave Create and populate a directory for a new buildslave start Start a buildslave stop Stop a buildslave restart Restart a buildslave Global options -h|--help Print the list of available commands and global options. All subsequent commands are ignored. --version Print twistd and buildslave version. All subsequent commands are ignored. --verbose Verbose output. create-slave command options -f|--force Re-use an existing directory. -h|--help Show help for current command and exit. All subsequent commands are ignored. -k|--keepalive Send keepalive requests to buildmaster every TIME seconds. Default value is 600 seconds. -l|--log-count Limit the number of kept old twisted log files to COUNT. All files are kept by default. -q|--quiet Do not emit the commands being run. -r|--relocatable Create a relocatable buildbot.tac. -n|--no-logrotate Do not permit buildslave rotate logs by itself. -s|--log-size Set size at which twisted lof file is rotated to SIZE bytes. Default value is 1000000 bytes. --umask Set umask for files created by buildslave. Default value is 077 which means only owner can access the files. See umask(2) for more details. --usepty Set wether child processes should be run in a pty (0 means do not run in a pty). Default value is 0. PATH Path to buildslave base directory. MASTER Set the host and port of buildbot master to attach to in form HOST:PORT. This should be provided by buildmaster administrator. USERNAME Buildslave name to connect with. This should be provided by buildmaster administrator. PASSWORD Buildslave password to connect with. This should be provided by buildmaster administrator. SEE ALSO
buildbot(1), umask(2), The complete documentation is available in texinfo format. To use it, run info buildbot. Buildbot August 2010 BUILDSLAVE(1)