Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Cron Issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Cron Issue Post 302147397 by Lakris on Monday 26th of November 2007 11:42:52 PM
Old 11-27-2007
Maybe this doesn't answer Your question, but have You considered trying to use wget or curl or some other powerful "getter"?
eg:
wget ftp://${USERNAME}:${PASSWORD}@${SERVER}/*

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron issue

user x has a cron job that looks in a dir and moves teh files from 1 name to another except its not working correctly. . /user/.profile # sorce the users profile for file in `ls`; do mv $file $file.`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S``microsec` done microsec is a binary with 555 perm. on it in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp in cron job

I am writing a script that will be placed in a crontab, which basically retrieves a file that is overwritten everyday (with current customer data) and then sent to another company. I was wondering what the best way to ensure that ftp was successful and notification of a success or failure message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterja
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Cron issues

I am on AS3 Update 4 Linux and am having an issue with an automated ftp script, I tried using the fd/sub proc method and that did not seem to work either. I normally use the following method to perform my ftp's but for some reason it works if I launch the script at the command line but in Cron it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanthomas
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron ftp job help

I am new to cron and am trying to set a cron job that will run everyday at 2 to go out to a server (via ftp with user name and password) and get a file and then bring it back to my sever. Below is what I have but it doesn't seem to be working. Any help would be appreciated. cron command - will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernfuss
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron FTP job

We have a script that we run manually, we want to set it up so that it will run automatically via cron, the problem is during the ftp process nothing is put, the script logs in changes directory fine, but nothing is put to the directory. I have tried it as root, a power user, etc. I have made the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another Cron issue.

Hey guys, I have a script called my_test: # !/usr/bin/sh `touch /usr/test/me` The script has been saved in /usr/test/my_test I have executed chmod 755 /usr/test/my_test Then I have entered it into the cron file using crontab -e 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/test/my_test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beefy
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron issue

When I list whats in cron -l its fine but when I try to -e edit it...it returns a number 309 can't you not edit cron this way with solaris 10? I can do it fine in sol 8 and 9. export EDITOR="vi" is set in my profile I am using BASH $ sudo crontab -l Password: #ident "@(#)root ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

cron issue

Hello, Having and issue with a job scheduled in cron. The script: #!/bin/bash 2 3 # Example shell script which can be added to roots cron job to check the 4 # Embedded Satellite disk space usage. If any table is over 90% usage, send 5 # a notice to the default email address... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
2 Replies

9. Solaris

CRON Issue

Hello, I am running Solaris 8. I have set a cron job that runs every couple hours. If I run the script manually, it runs just fine (logged in as root). The cron however will not run. It is producing an rc=1 error. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkmtm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron issue

i have written a script to sftp yesterday's logs from another server as below: cd /export/home/abc/xyz/tt d=`gdate -d'yesterday' +%Y%m%d` sftp abc@XXX.XX.XX.XX<<EOF cd /yyy/logs/archive mget abc.log.$d* EOF cd /export/home/abc/xyz/scripts nohup ./ss.sh PROD & it is working fine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)