Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Find cmd working in Linux and not in SunSolaris 5.8 Post 302147269 by fpmurphy on Monday 26th of November 2007 06:15:05 AM
Old 11-26-2007
Have not got a Solaris 5.8 system to hand but this syntax works on a OpenSolaris 5.11 system and gives the expected output.

How is it not working for you? Invalid syntax or unexpected output?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

su cmd not working

HI all, i want to run various Unix cmds thru a java prg. following is the code which i have written. ------------------------------------------------------------------- import java.io.*; class Run { public static void main(String args) { String ls_str; try{ Process cmd_su =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonbag_pspl
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working as expected

Hi, i wan to search the file starting with Admin into the directory Output. I am running below command: find /appl/Output -name "Admin*" -prune but this command is going into the sub directories present under output. I do not want to search under sub directories. Any help will be highly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal123
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using find cmd to find certain files

i have a list of files below: rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 180 Mar 4 22:47 del_0n_Date -rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 472 Mar 4 22:58 mail_Check -rw-r--r-- 1 pipe pipe 92 Mar 4 22:58 minfo.txt -rwxrwxrwx 1 pipe pipe 609 Mar 5 05:12... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find cmd not working correctly in script

I am trying to copy 2 types of files so I can archive them. I tested with a set of commands: touch -t $(date -d "-60 day" +%Y%m%d) WORKDIR/REF find TARGETDIR/ -type f -maxdepth 1 -iname \*.out\* -or -iname \*.log\* ! -newer WORKDIR/REF -exec ls -l {} \; This correctly lists any files in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

5. Programming

GUI applications on SunSolaris and RedHat Linux

Hello, I want know about building a product on Sun solaris and Redhat Linux. Product would contain C,C++, Java, UNIX Shell scripts and so on. It will not be a client server programme. Thanks! Shafi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting SunSolaris Filesystem on Linux Ubuntu Server

Can someone please help me out here. I have SunSolaris server that has a ridiculous about of space on it. several hundred gigabytes of space. There are lots of partitions on this server that has at least 100Gs on them. I want to mount just one of these partitions on my Linux server so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

how passwd cmd is working

how unix users able to change their password even if they have only read permissions and how backend process will be happening can u explain me which are files need to involved in this process (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Long UNC path not working in CMD.EXE on remote machine

Hi, I am trying to connect to a remote server using Plink tool. Both my local and remote machines are Windows. On remote server, I have OpenSSH server installed. I am able to run commands on remote machine but there is some problem with long UNC path, which I noticed today. For... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with the find cmd

Hello, I'm having a trouble with the find cmd. I would like to find all the java versions on my systems. I have solaris 9 & 10 RHEL and SUSIE. java -version doesn't give all the versions on the server. So I am trying to use the find command to find them all find / -name java I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail cmd for html body and attachment not working

Hi, I am having trouble in sending a mail with html body and attachment (csv file). We don't have uuencode or mutt (not allowed to install as well) The below code is perfectly working for sending the html body alone: export MAILTO=abc@xyz.com export CONTENT="/home/abc/list.html"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)