Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tink of a machine having 32 cpu`s Post 302147229 by varungupta on Monday 26th of November 2007 03:00:23 AM
Old 11-26-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborg
Given that it is an Itanium based machine I would think so.
Hey,

Whats Itanium based machines ?? I have never come accross with such machine. Please let me know !

Thanks.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Load average in a multi CPU machine

I had the query as to whether the load average in a multi CPU machine should be (load average/no of CPUs) We have 4 CPU on our VMware RHEL instance, so the load average should be Load average/4. I hope, my question is clear. Please revert with the reply to my query. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
0 Replies

7. Linux

Unable to connect to Server machine from a client machine using ftp service

Hi, Could you please help me with the below issue.. I'm running RHEL6 OS on both server (192.168.0.10) and client machines (192.168.0.1). I'm trying to connect to server from the client machine using ftp service. I have installed vsftpd daemon on both the machines. I'm getting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
4 Replies

8. Solaris

SNMP - cpu core information for Sun SPARC machine

Dears, I'm looking for getting CPU cores information of Sun machines (like: SunFire V880, Fujitsu SPARC T5120, ...) via SNMP, unfortunately i couldn't find the proper OID for that. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Core and cpu information of HP-UX machine

Hi All, i am trying to retrive below information from any hp-ux machine (physical & virtual both): 1.Processor Total Count: 2.Processor Core Count: 3.Processor type: 4.number of physical processors: 5 number of virtual processors: i am trying to use command 'print_manifest' as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies
maxrsessiz(5)							File Formats Manual						     maxrsessiz(5)

NAME
maxrsessiz, maxrsessiz_64bit - maximum size (in bytes) of the RSE stack for any user process on the Itanium-based platform VALUES
Default Allowed values DESCRIPTION
Itanium-based systems utilize a per-process register stack in main memory (for more information see the Intel IA-64 Architecture Software Developer's Manual, Volume 2, Chapter 6). This stack moves registers between the physical registers and main memory and is maintained by the Register Stack Engine (RSE). determines the size of this stack. Who is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable only take effect after a reboot of the system. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? should be raised if user processes are being terminated with the error due to overflow of the RSE stack. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? User processes will dedicate more virtual memory to the RSE stack. This will result in less virtual memory being available for data alloca- tion. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? This tunable should be lowered only if swap space is at a premium on the system, since virtual memory for the RSE stack still requires matching swap reservation or allocation. Serious consideration should be given if is being lowered below the default as this may cause unexpected failures of user applications on RSE stack overflow. This tunable is best left unchanged without complete and detailed knowledge of the RSE stack usage of the machine workload. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? Lowering this tunable will limit the amount of memory available for RSE stack usage per process. This could cause processes with large RSE stack requirements to terminate with a error. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
maxssiz(5), maxdsiz(5), maxtsiz(5). Itanium(R)-based Systems Only Tunable Kernel Parameters maxrsessiz(5)