Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SFTP files from windows drive E: to unix Post 302147221 by pranavagarwal on Monday 26th of November 2007 02:03:36 AM
Old 11-26-2007
MySQL

@Checkoh

Thank you very much my friend.. the explanation is wonderfully clear.

@Sysgate..

Thanks tou you too my frind.. although I'm still doubtful that psftp can solve my problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Formatting hard drive from Unix to Windows

Can a hard drive be formatted from unix server to windows 2000 professional? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: howarddtp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

format unix hard drive on windows xp

Hello, How is it possible to copy the partition of hard drive that have unix on it (it's a scsi hard drive of an Irix (SGI)), under windows xp - what I did till now is to connect the drive to the my pc (windows xp installed) with a scsi adapter and the program partition magic can't recognize the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moyalt
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a windows drive on unix

Hi, I would like to be able to mount windows xp to a unix system, so that I can pull data from windows machine for backup and store it on the unix server. Does anyone know how I can go about mounting the windows drive in unix. Thanks, Eric (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from windows to unix box through sftp

Hello All, we have scenarion where we need to pull the Files from Windows to Unix Box through SFTP protocol. as per our analysis we did install the cygwin package on the Windows Box to have the openSSH package functionality. 1.Will openSSH help us to achieve the functionality what we are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP from Unix to Windows

Hi all Not sure where I should be posting this so apologies if it's in the wrong section. I'm trying to set up a system where we can copy a file (get) from a Windows server to a Unix server using SFTP in an automated way. I've installed CoreFTP Server on the Windows server and can connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: huskie69
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp some files from windows server to UNIX server

hi i need to transfer some files from windows server to unix server using SFTP. but before transferring the files, i need to check the existence of a particular file in the remote directory (say r_dir1). if the file is present, then SFTP all the files. after SFTPing the files from the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to move .csv file from UNIX path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive

Hi Guys, Can any one help me on this. I need help to move .csv/.xls file from unix path to windows shared drive or c:\ drive? Regards, LKR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies
RP(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     RP(4)

NAME
rp - RP-11/RP03 moving-head disk DESCRIPTION
The files rp0 ... rp7 refer to sections of RP disk drive 0. The files rp8 ... rp15 refer to drive 1 etc. This allows a large disk to be broken up into more manageable pieces. The origin and size of the pseudo-disks on each drive are as follows: disk start length 0 0 81000 1 0 5000 2 5000 2000 3 7000 74000 4-7 unassigned Thus rp0 covers the whole drive, while rp1, rp2, rp3 can serve usefully as a root, swap, and mounted user file system respectively. The rp files access the disk via the system's normal buffering mechanism and may be read and written without regard to physical disk records. There is also a `raw' interface which provides for direct transmission between the disk and the user's read or write buffer. A single read or write call results in exactly one I/O operation and therefore raw I/O is considerably more efficient when many words are transmitted. The names of the raw RP files begin with rrp and end with a number which selects the same disk section as the corresponding rp file. In raw I/O the buffer must begin on a word boundary. FILES
/dev/rp?, /dev/rrp? SEE ALSO
hp(4) BUGS
In raw I/O read and write(2) truncate file offsets to 512-byte block boundaries, and write scribbles on the tail of incomplete blocks. Thus, in programs that are likely to access raw devices, read, write and lseek(2) should always deal in 512-byte multiples. RP(4)