Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Complex sed replacement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Complex sed replacement Post 302147001 by radoulov on Friday 23rd of November 2007 10:08:08 AM
Old 11-23-2007
What do you mean by skip: you want to _ remove _ the records from alter to alter if there is not 65536 in between?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacement using sed

Hi I have the following file that i need to run a sed command on 1<tab>running 2<tab>running 3<tab>running 4<tab>running I want to be able to replace a line i.e the second one with '2<tab>failed'. As the first number is unique that can be used to search for the relevant line (using ^2 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Replacement for sed

Hi Can anyone provide me the replacement of sed with xargs perl syntax for the below sed -e :a -e '/;$/!N;s/\n//; ta' -e 's/;$//' This should be without looping has to take minimal time for search (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED complex string replacement

sed -i 's:"ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep":"ps -C java -o pid,cmd | grep ${SERVER_NAME} | cut -d' ' -f1 | grep -v grep":g' scriptName That's what I'm attempting to do. I'm attempting to replace this: ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep with this: ps -C java -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replacement

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but I'm a noob and I can't figure it out. I'm trying to use sed, but would be happy to use anything that does the job. I am trying to trim off a fixed number of unknown characters from 2 different : delimited fields while keeping the intervening... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helix_w
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement with sed

I am trying to replace the line which has string "tablespace" not case senstive.... with below simple script: mysrcipt.sh sed "s/.*/TABLESPACE USERS/g" create_table > tmp mv tmp create_table Is there any better way to do it? If Search string tooooooo long it will be tough to code in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A complex sed statement

I have following requirement. Say, my text file contains following patterns {2010501005|XXGpvertex|9|0|17|0|{|{30100001|XXparameter_set|@@@@{{30001002|XXparameter|!prototype_path|$AB_COMPONENTS/Sort/Sort.mpc|3|2|Pf$|@{0|}} }}@0|@315000|78500|335000|99000|114000|87000|17|And the Sort|Ab... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement

Hi, i have a file with lines, file.txt ------- test is fun testing is better I need to replace 'test' to 'develop' and i used, a=test b=develop sed "s,$a,$b,g" -------- but i see the word 'testing' is also replaced. Need some solution. Is there any way i could replace only 'test' ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement error

Hi ,"environment":"accent-release","build":"ac-1112_c_Alph_Nop-release_rele-1112_c_Alph_Nop-release_rele","tags":"" above is the config file, where in i want to replace value after build inside the double quotes... that value i'll be passing as parameter for example if m passing ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed replacement inplace

I need to make permanent changes in the file after find and replace using sed. for this i am using sed -i However this is not working. says sed: illegal option -- i I am working on Sun Solaris uname -a SunOS aspsun14 5.10 Generic_150400-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise any other work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed text replacement

Hello, I'm using Bash and Sed to replace text within a text file (1.txt) twice in one script. Using a for loop I'm initially replacing any 'apple' words with the variable 'word1' ("leg). I'm then using another for loop to replace any 'apple' words with the variable 'word2' ("arm"). This task is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flip-Flop
2 Replies
CONVERSION(7) SQL Commands ALTER CONVERSION(7) NAME
ALTER CONVERSION - change the definition of a conversion SYNOPSIS
ALTER CONVERSION name RENAME TO newname ALTER CONVERSION name OWNER TO newowner DESCRIPTION
ALTER CONVERSION changes the definition of a conversion. You must own the conversion to use ALTER CONVERSION. To alter the owner, you must also be a direct or indirect member of the new owning role, and that role must have CREATE privilege on the conversion's schema. (These restrictions enforce that altering the owner doesn't do anything you couldn't do by dropping and recreating the conversion. However, a superuser can alter ownership of any conversion anyway.) PARAMETERS
name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing conversion. newname The new name of the conversion. newowner The new owner of the conversion. EXAMPLES
To rename the conversion iso_8859_1_to_utf8 to latin1_to_unicode: ALTER CONVERSION iso_8859_1_to_utf8 RENAME TO latin1_to_unicode; To change the owner of the conversion iso_8859_1_to_utf8 to joe: ALTER CONVERSION iso_8859_1_to_utf8 OWNER TO joe; COMPATIBILITY
There is no ALTER CONVERSION statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE CONVERSION [create_conversion(7)], DROP CONVERSION [drop_conversion(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 ALTER CONVERSION(7)