Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers reedirecting to a file till the expression Post 302146755 by adityam on Thursday 22nd of November 2007 05:44:56 AM
Old 11-22-2007
reedirecting to a file till the expression

Hi,
IPlz help me out with this.
I have some requirement like this.....
I have a file like this...

* CS sent email (11.20)
CALYPSO 1031276 9076673 CDSHY FAILED Nov 19 2007 7:28AM OASYS: Unable to find CUSTOMER account GSINTLModify() failed for root: Fee,, node:ThirdPartyMnemonic,GSINTLModify() failed for root: Transaction,, node:FeeList,Unable to find CUSTOMER account GSINTLModify() failed for root: Fee,, node:ThirdPartyMnemonic,G
* SS sent email (11.20)
CALYPSO 1241789 9091113 CDSNRG FAILED Nov 20 2007 12:47PM OASYS: Unable to find Cusip <656060900> in Global Products .Failed to Get Cusip Information

*CR sent email (11.05)
CALYPSO 1121098 9039424 LDS3C FAILED Nov 14 2007 10:19AM OASYS: Unable to find CUSTOMER account RBSGRN3CModify() failed for root: Transaction,, node:CounterPartyMnemonic,RBSGRN3CModify() failed for root: Deal,, node:TransactionList,
Now my requirement is ....
a)I need to read the section starts from * until it encounters a blank line in the above file and write into a temporary file say checkfailed.txt.
b)Then I need to read the comment line from checkfailed .txt and then add it to another file dealfailed.txt.

Kindly help me out in that...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to read a file and keep waiting till it satisfies some condition

In my script i am writing to a counter file the no of processes i had started, that is each time i start a process, i will increment the content of counter file and also when the process ends i will decrement the content of the file. after this i do some other activities, by now i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

how to read a file till it encounters a blank line

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS: SINGCORP invalid... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi , I want to read a file starting with "*" up to till it encounters a blank line and to redirect this output to a different file.Plz suggest how to write a script for this. e.g:- * PK Sent Email (11.23) CALYPSO 1243215 9116457 NEW TRAD FAILED Nov 23 2007 9:34AM OASYS: DPS: SINGCORP invalid... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print lines till till a pattern is matched in loop

Dear All I have a file like this 112534554 446538656 444695656 225696966 226569744 228787874 113536566 443533535 222564552 115464656 225445345 225533234 I want to cut the file into different parts where the first two columns are '11' . The first two columns will be either... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anoopvraj
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from a starting line till the end of the file

Hi Folks, I got to know from this forums on how to grep from a particular line say line 6 awk 'NR==6 {print;exit}' But how do i grep from line 6 till the end of the file or command output. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut line from file till the end

Hi I have a 57 line text file and I want to cut first 6 line assigned it to a veriable and again cut next 6 line assigned to same variable till the time file have left 0 line. Please let me know how I can do in scripting. Thanks Sanjay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjay2121
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file till specified line

Hi , I want to print file till line number 33 and stdout to different file. I have used cat -n <file name> which numbers the lines including blank line. now how can i stdout the first 33 lines in to new file. Regards newaix (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
6 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match till the end of the file.

I have a file which is like this ……………………………………….. ………………………………… ………………………………… …………………………………… ……………………………………. ……………………………… <<<from_here>>> ……………………………… ………………………………. I want a script which would fetch the data starting from <<<from_here>>> in the file till the end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halfafringe
2 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS