Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Complex Event Processing RSS News HP Reports the Asia-Pacific Market Up 20 Percent Post 302146383 by Linux Bot on Tuesday 20th of November 2007 09:10:04 AM
Old 11-20-2007
HP Reports the Asia-Pacific Market Up 20 Percent

Tim Bass
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:44:47 +0000
I have been advising folks that US-based wars and the subprime meltdown was going to have an adverse effect on IT expenditures in the US and that companies should consider APAC.
In this CNN report, As U.S. Cools, World Demand Helps H.P. Outpace Rivals, HP reports that excluding currency effects, the growth in North America was up 10 percent, to $11.9 billion, compared with the same period a year ago.* Sales grew 19 percent in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, to $11.6 billion.
The strongest performer was the Asia-Pacific market where HP reported a 20 percent increase in sales, to $4.8 billion.

Source...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux Asia 2006

Hi guys, I have just signed up for attending the Linux Asia conference and expo in New Delhi (8-10 Feb, India Habitat Centre). Anybody else who could join me? Guess it will be some great exposure to open source technologies and the Linux platform. Do lemme know. See ya. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Open4all
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what the %s does percent sign-s mean?

context: while reading tutorial on the read command, one of the first examples, demonstrating its use, follows as such: $ x=abc ; printf "x is now '%s'. Enter new value: " $x ; read x generating this output: x is now 'abc'. Enter new value: first, what does %s represent? I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if percent % checking

hi everyone, # cat a a 10% b 25.5% c 91% d 50% # cat a | awk '$2 >= 90%; END {print $_}' awk: $2 > 90%; END {print $_} awk: ^ syntax error awk: each rule must have a pattern or an action part how to do only print when 2nd coln >= 90%. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

compare file percent sizes

I need to get a file size and compare it to a previous day file size. If it's larger or smaller by 50 percent I'll replace the new with the old. I know how to get the file sizes but do not know how to calculate if it's 50 percent difference. Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tivoli Tape Zero percent

Hii all, If i insert zero percent tape in tivoli. Then tivoli will write data on it. But zero percent tape has some files inside, its not a scratch tape. Because if we recover data then tivoli can ask for zero percent tape. But when tivoli will write data on a zero percent tape ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uusmankhalil
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Large Percent Problem

Hello everyone, I have two matrices at same sizes. I need to re-calculate the numbers in matrix A according to the percentages in martix B it is like matrix A is 10.00 20.00 30.00 40.00 60.00 70.00 80.00 90.00 20.00 30.00 80.00 50.00 martix B is 00.08 00.05 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percent using values in 2 files

Trying to use file1 which is the actual counts in $2 associated with each $1 entry. The total of each $1 is in file2 with the total in $3. So when there is a match between $1 in file1 with $1 in file2, then the % is calculated using the $2 value of file1 and $3 value of file2. Thank you :). ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
XBACKLIGHT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     XBACKLIGHT(1)

NAME
xbacklight - adjust backlight brightness using RandR extension SYNOPSIS
xbacklight [-help] [-display display] [-get] [-set percent] [-inc percent] [-dec percent] DESCRIPTION
Xbacklight is used to adjust the backlight brightness where supported. It finds all outputs on the X server supporting backlight brightness control and changes them all in the same way. -get Print out the current backlight brightness of each output with such a control. The brightness is represented as a percentage of the maximum brightness supported. -set percent Sets each backlight brightness to the specified level. -inc percent Increases brightness by the specified amount. -dec percent Decreases brightness by the specified amount. -help Print out a summary of the usage and exit. -time milliseconds Length of time to spend fading the backlight between old and new value. Default is 200. -steps number Number of steps to take while fading. Default is 20. SEE ALSO
Xrandr(3) AUTHORS
Keith Packard, Open Source Technology Center, Intel Corporation. X Version 11 xbacklight 1.1.2 XBACKLIGHT(1)