Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Export command
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Export command Post 302146369 by Yogesh Sawant on Tuesday 20th of November 2007 07:37:58 AM
Old 11-20-2007
this might give you more insight

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

using export command

I saw a unix shell script in which export command is used like this : export filename what is a file exported for ? thanks srini (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export command

Is there any difference between these 2 commands :- export var="a" and var="a" export var (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ExporT Command Not found

Hi All I am getting and error export command not found What can be the possible reasons for this and how do we verify those Please help me Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: networking
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export Command

Hello All, I am transferring a file from one server to another server. File name is stored as Wip_DD-MM-YY .i.e if we run the program today the file is stored as Wip_18-FEB-09.txt. This file i need to transfer. My question is how do we assign the this filename to a variable. i treid in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chpraveen_862
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for export command

Hi, I need help for using export command. Lets consider there are 2 servers ie. A & B. I am running one script on server A which calls another script on server B using remsh command. There is one variable in the script on server B which do not gets evaluated and ultimately i get the error. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_shah06
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to export a command ?

Hi The command "ssh -V" works as normal user but fails as root. As Normal user: bash-3.00$ ssh -V OpenSSH_5.9p1, OpenSSL 1.0.0e 6 Sep 2011As Root user: # ssh -V bash: ssh: command not found Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

When i am trying to execute export command within a shell script it is saying command not found.

I am running the export command within a view to use that value inside my build script. But while executing it it is saying "export command not found" My code is as follows: -------------------------- #!/bin/sh user="test" DIR="/bldtmp/"$user VIEW="test.view1" echo "TMPDIR before export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchoudhury
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explaination on export command

Hello Team, Could you pls explain how export command works in below code: for i in ${!SDV_*}; do export $i done As per my understanding, if SDV_1=test1;SDV_2=test2;test1=var1;test2=var2then in for loop below export will get executed. export var1;export var2But, Will this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandana.hs
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export command - variable

Hello, Please see the script found in my computer below. (Ubuntu 14.04) #!/bin/sh export APP_DIR="/home/appname" monitorscript="$APP_DIR""/monitor.sh" ps cax | grep monitor.sh > /dev/null if ; then echo "monitor.sh is running" else "$monitorscript" fi My question is regarding EXPORT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies
asadmin-multimode(1AS)													    asadmin-multimode(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-multimode, multimode - allows you to execute multiple commands while preserving environment settings and remaining in the asadmin utility SYNOPSIS
multimode [--file filename] [--printprompt=true] [--encoding encode] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] Use multimode to process the asadmin commands. The command-line interface will prompt you for a command, execute that command, display the results of the command, and then prompt you for the next command. Additionally, all the asadmin option names set in this mode are used for all the subsequent commands. You can set your environment and run commands until you exit multimode by typing "exit" or "quit." You can also provide commands by passing a previously prepared list of commands from a file or standard input (pipe). You can invoke multimode from within a multimode session; once you exit the second multimode environment, you return to your original multimode environment. This command is supported in local mode only. --file reads the commands as defined in the file. --printprompt allows the printing of asadmin prompt after each command is executed. Set this option to false when the commands are piped or redirected from the standard input or file. By default the option is set to true. --encoding specifies the locale for the file to be decoded. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on to the standard output. Default is false. Example 1: Using multimode to execute multiple commands example% asadmin multimode --file commands_file.txt Where: example% is the system prompt. The multimode settings are executed from the commands_file.txt file. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-export(1AS), asadmin-unset(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-multimode(1AS)