Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Complex Event Processing RSS News Original Survey on Event Processing Languages Post 302146232 by Linux Bot on Monday 19th of November 2007 01:50:06 PM
Old 11-19-2007
Original Survey on Event Processing Languages

Tim Bass
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:59:49 +0000
A few of us have been discussing*event processing languages (EPLs)*for a number of years, advocating*that SQL-like languages are appropriate for certain classes of CEP/EP problems, but not all.
Some*readers might recall that I published a draft survey on EPLs*to the Yahoo! CEP*Interest*group titled, (DRAFT) A Survey of Event Processing Languages (EPLs), October 15, 2006 (version 14).
A number of us CEP “grey beards” have consistently advocated that there are EPLs and analytics that are optimal for certain classes of event processing problems (and, in turn, there also are EPLs that are suboptimal for certain classes of event processing problems).
For readers who do not frequent the Yahoo! CEP group,*below here is*a link to a*copy of the original survey.

Source...

Lingua::StopWords(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Lingua::StopWords(3pm)

NAME
Lingua::StopWords - Stop words for several languages. SYNOPSIS
use Lingua::StopWords qw( getStopWords ); my $stopwords = getStopWords('en'); my @words = qw( i am the walrus goo goo g'joob ); # prints "walrus goo goo g'joob" print join ' ', grep { !$stopwords->{$_} } @words; DESCRIPTION
In keyword search, it is common practice to suppress a collection of "stopwords": words such as "the", "and", "maybe", etc. which exist in in a large number of documents and do not tell you anything important about any document which contains them. This module provides such "stoplists" in several languages. Supported Languages |-----------------------------------------------------------| | Language | ISO code | default encoding | also available | |-----------------------------------------------------------| | Danish | da | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | Dutch | nl | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | English | en | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | Finnish | fi | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | French | fr | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | German | de | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | Hungarian | hu | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | Italian | it | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | Norwegian | no | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | Portuguese | pt | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | Spanish | es | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | Swedish | sv | ISO-8859-1 | UTF-8 | | Russian | ru | KOI8-R | UTF-8 | |-----------------------------------------------------------| FUNCTIONS
getStopWords my $stoplist = getStopWords('en'); my $utf8_stoplist = getStopWords('en', 'UTF-8'); Retrieve a stoplist in the form of a hashref where the keys are all stopwords and the values are all 1. $stoplist = { and => 1, if => 1, # ... }; getStopWords() expects 1-2 arguments. The first, which is required, is an ISO code representing a supported language. If the ISO code cannot be found, getStopWords returns undef. The second argument should be 'UTF-8' if you want the stopwords encoded in UTF-8. The UTF-8 flag will be turned on, so make sure you understand all the implications of that. SEE ALSO
The stoplists supplied by this module were created as part of the Snowball project (see <http://snowball.tartarus.org>, Lingua::Stem::Snowball). Lingua::EN::StopWords provides a different stoplist for English. AUTHOR
Maintained by Marvin Humphrey <marvin at rectangular dot com>. Original author Fabien Potencier, <fabpot at cpan dot org>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004-2008 Fabien Potencier, Marvin Humphrey This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.3 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.0 2009-02-23 Lingua::StopWords(3pm)