Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Call shell script from php not run ? Post 302146163 by Cameron on Monday 19th of November 2007 07:21:27 AM
Old 11-19-2007
Found it, not quite the same, though similar...

Cron - Not working properly

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot run Shell script in PHP

Hello, I have written a code for uploading a file onto the server.The code is as follows: <? if ($_POST == "Upload File") { if( move_uploaded_file ($_FILES ,$target) ) { $tmpsrc = $_FILES ; echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michrods
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script to Auto Run PHP Script

Hello All! I am looking to build a monitoring script. The script should always run as a system service of some type and should always check that a PHP script is running. Maybe there is a way to assign a PHP script to a certain PID so that the monitor script that check for the PID in top... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elDeuce
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

General Q: how to run/schedule a php script from cron jobs maybe via bash from shell?

Status quo is, within a web application, which is coded completely in php (not by me, I dont know php), I have to fill out several fields, and execute it manually by clicking the "go" button in my browser, several times a day. Thats because: The script itself pulls data (textfiles) from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run script? call other script? su to another user? make a cron?

Good morning. I am searching for "how-to"'s for some particular questions: 1. How to write a script in HP-UX 11. 2. How to schedule a script. 3. How to "call" scripts from the original script. 4. How to su to another user from within a script. This is the basics of what the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

howto run remotely call function from within script

Hi I have the following script : #!/bin/ksh #################### Function macAddressFinder ######################## macAddressFinder() { `ifconfig -a > ipInterfaces` `cat ipInterfaces` } ####################################################################### # # print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

call another shell script and pass parameters to that shell script

Hi, I basically have 2 shell scripts. One is a shell script will get the variable value from the user. The variable is nothing but the IP of the remote system. Another shell script is a script that does the job of connecting to the remote system using ssh. This uses a expect utility in turn. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dry run php script from shell

Is it possible to dry run a php script without actually executing it? Say I need to test the output of a php file to see if it matches a pattern. I need to run this on all php files on the server. But I fear if there are php files that make modifications, sends out mail etc, that should not happen.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

php file unable to run shell script with arguments

echo $result=exec("./permit.sh".$_FILES); pls suggest some other method to run shell script in php .:wall::mad: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl

Linux System having all Perl, Python, PHP (and Ruby) installed From a Shell script, can call a Perl, Python, PHP (or Ruby ?) file eg eg a Shell script run in a case statement call to run a php file, also Perl or/and Python file??? Like #!/usr/bin/bash .... .... case $INPUT_STRING... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hoyanet
1 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.10 30 Jan 2004 script(1)