Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud? Post 302145912 by Linux Bot on Thursday 15th of November 2007 07:30:18 PM
Old 11-15-2007
Event Cloud Computing - IBM Turning Data Centers Into ?Computing Cloud?

Tim Bass
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 23:55:07 +0000
*I predict we may experience less*debates*on the use of the term “event cloud”*related to*CEP in the future, now that both IBM and Google* have made announcements about “cloud computing” and “computing cloud”, IBM Turning Data Centers Into ‘Computing Cloud’
“The initiative also builds on IBM’s announcement with Google last* month that they are developing cloud computing environments for* academic use.* But today’s announcement is aimed more widely at*corporations and government users that want the extreme scale made possibly by lashing together pools of computers.”
This also furthers the notion and architecture we have been advocating, that event processing will move toward a distributed, cooperative*computing model..

Source...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cloud Enabling Computing for the Next Generation Data Center

Hear how the changing needs of massive scale-out computing is driving a transfomation in technology and learn how HP is supporting this new evolution of the web. More... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
1 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Has Cloud Computing Jumped the Shark?

by Eric Knorr, InfoWorld.comSo many vendors have jumped on the cloud computing bandwagon, the phrase already risks jumping the shark. The problem is that “cloud computing” has two distinctly different meanings: The use of commercial Internet-based services, and the architecture for building and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

cloud computing on (HP hardware?)

I work for a British based company. We are looking for a cloud computing provider enabling us to use HP on Itanium and HP hardware. anyone know of any? cheers. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigearsbilly
0 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Want to learn Cloud Computing

Hi, I am working as Linux system administrator now I want to learn cloud computing too. I tried Googling but couldn't find appropriate information so thought to ask people here. Can somebody suggest me correct path along with tutorials/PDF/HTMLs? Really appreciate your help. thx Pras (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
1 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)