Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Building a 43p using BOOTP
Operating Systems AIX Building a 43p using BOOTP Post 302145784 by johnf on Thursday 15th of November 2007 06:14:34 AM
Old 11-15-2007
The Linux server is setup as a DHCP server and the AIX machine is defined in the DHCPD.CONF file with correct MAC address and the designated IP address. So I am expecting the clinet to have its IP address allocated by the DHCP system on the Linux server. By what is written in the DHCP logs the request is being answered but the client is not adopting the address.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bootp/tftp

Hi, Setting up print queue, using SMIT on AIX And I have an option saying do I wish to make this a BOOTP/TFTP server. What exactly does this do? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Install PXE/BootP/TFTP

Im trying to help my professor at school, were trying to setup a linux server, that is configured with bootp/tftp/PXE. the client computer NICs have support to boot off PXE. What we would like to do is if a client computer does not have an OS, it would boot off the server, and display a menu to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwalick
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Save 43p bios?

Is there any way to backup the bios on a 43P-140 7043? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freestyle10269
0 Replies

4. Linux

BOOTP on HP Thin clients

Please m new around here! Can anyone take me thru implementing bootp on my thin clients via my central server? Preciate ur assistance. Thanks folks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuk_uka
2 Replies

5. AIX

43p 120

I have acquired a 43p 120 (7248-120) and I have two questions: Can anyone remember what is the highest version of AIX which I can install (5.1 I believe) and Can anyone remember how to boot this from the CDROM (boot floppy?) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnf
1 Replies

6. SCO

Need help in BOOTP Server and Client configuration

Dear All; I need help in configuring the BOOTP server, I have found something on internet forums regarding the file: bootptab and editing some lines but Im not if they are all correct. Also, I need help to configure my clients (UNIX) to boot up with this bootp server(UNIX). I will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amirzandi
1 Replies

7. AIX

model 43P 7248 Recovery!

HI all! this is my problem: my boss got a Model 43P 7248-100 PowerPC server with the AIX 4.2 os, but some days ago it crashed and now it doesn't want to boot up again, it stops after the initial diagnostic phase with the "PowerPC" screen! I must recover some important data from the hard disk, so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKO
6 Replies

8. AIX

brisque impose 43P 150 aix version 4 HELP!!!!!!!!

hi to everybody I have a problem with the AIX version 4: I can not get into failsafe session kindly someone knows how to enter this mode? thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elektrospeed
5 Replies

9. AIX

EXP400 with 43P machine not booting

Hello I connected the exp400 & turned on the aix machine which is 7043-150 but now I guess probably ODM is corrupted as it does not boot. Its stuck at 0518 code. Also, on the console it shows stuck on the kernel, which then it does not want to boot. Is it possible to fix from maintenance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdhawan
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Bootp/tftp issue neeeeeed help plz

i find a solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shady_2005
2 Replies
BOOTPTEST(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      BOOTPTEST(8)

NAME
bootptest - send BOOTP queries and print responses SYNOPSIS
bootptest [ -f bootfile ] [ -h ] [ -m magic_number ] server-name [template-file] DESCRIPTION
bootptest sends BOOTP requests to the host specified as server-name at one-second intervals until either a response is received, or until ten requests have gone unanswered. After a response is received, bootptest will wait one more second listening for additional responses. OPTIONS
-f bootfile Fill in the boot file field of the request with bootfile. -h Use the hardware (Ethernet) address to identify the client. By default, the IP address is copied into the request indicating that this client already knows its IP address. -m magic_number Initialize the first word of the vendor options field with magic_number. A template-file may be specified, in which case bootptest uses the (binary) contents of this file to initialize the options area of the request packet. CREDITS
The bootptest program is a combination of original and derived works. The main program module (bootptest.c) is original work by Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>. The packet printing module (print-bootp.c) is a slightly modified version of a file from the BSD tcpdump program. This program includes software developed by the University of California, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory and its contributors. (See the copyright notice in print-bootp.c) SEE ALSO
bootpd(8) REFERENCES
RFC951 BOOTSTRAP PROTOCOL (BOOTP) RFC1048 BOOTP Vendor Information Extensions MAINTENANCE COMMANDS
10 June 1993 BOOTPTEST(8)