Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX determine the physical size of the hard disk Post 302145724 by hoffies on Thursday 15th of November 2007 04:08:33 AM
Old 11-15-2007
MySQL

hi guys

thanks for the help

it worked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 - How to find the total size of my hard disk?

Friends, I have an 80 GB HDD, but I wish to know if there is a direct command in Solaris 10 to find out the size of my hard disk (similar to fdisk -l in Linux). Thank you saagar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Does vmstat -d give a count of actual physical writes/reads done to/from hard disk?

Hi, I am trying to find the reliability of 'vmstat -d' for showing the actual physical writes on sectors on hard disk. Can anyone please tell me if the numbers in the "sectors" field under "read" or "write" headers show a count of the actual write commands sent to disk from the low level... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How do I check 4 physical damaged on Linux hard disks?

How do I check for physical damage on red hat linux hard disks? I tried smartctl /dev/sdb but it came back so fast saying it was ok. Is there a better linux command to check for bad sectors or physical disks in linux? Is there a good way such as with parted or something else? I normally in HP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris sun4v - how do you determine physical RAM?

I have a Sun T5120, and I want to programmatically determine how much RAM it has. # uname -a SunOS myhost 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120 The box has 64Gb; I tried prtdiag and prtconf, but they give me bogus info prtconf gives me: # prtconf |grep -i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomn8r
12 Replies

6. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

7. AIX

How to determine the physical volume fo the disks

This is the report I got running the comand rptconf, but I would like to know what is the capacity of the disks installed into our server power 6 with AIX System Model: IBM,7778-23X Machine Serial Number: 1066D5A Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER6 Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cucosss
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display total hard disk size?

Hi, Using Redhat, how do I display total hard disk size? I know how to do that in Solaris, you can type, format. It will show how big the disks are. This is what I did so for. $ df -t ext3 -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. Solaris

T5220 How to determine physical memory installed?

Hi, looking to upgrade memory on a pair of T5220's from 32GB to 64GB. Cannot determine current DIMM size and slots used. i.e. not sure if Qty 16 x 2GB or Qty 8 x 4GB. If there are no empty slots, i need to go with higher density DIMMs and retire exsisting the 2GB prtdiag follows. #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrew
3 Replies
pvremove(1M)															      pvremove(1M)

NAME
pvremove - remove LVM data structure from a physical volume SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command clears the LVM data structure on a disk, so that it is no longer an LVM physical volume. The device may then be used by the file system or by other volume managers. The operation is denied if pv_path is assigned to a volume group. The command only clears the LVM data structure on a disk if the disk does not belong to a volume group. This avoids accidentally removing a valid physical volume under a volume group. If the physical volume to be removed belongs to a volume group, use the command to first remove the volume group associated with the physical volume. Arguments recognizes the following arguments: pv_path The character (raw) device path name of a physical volume. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Remove LVM data structure on the physical volume SEE ALSO
lvremove(1M), vgremove(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). pvremove(1M)