Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Faulty Autosys job runs properly Post 302145376 by Klashxx on Wednesday 14th of November 2007 04:05:58 AM
Old 11-14-2007
Ok , my theory here ( i can't access to an autosys system right now and you didn't post the /etc/profile ) .

The autosys profile scripts loads in the same shell that the jobs , for example :

Code:
profile: /home/proddts/feeds/daily/envoy/scripts/envoy_profile.ksh
insert_job: DWOPS_envoy_final_extract_C job_type: c

Executes the same way that:

Code:
. /home/proddts/feeds/daily/envoy/scripts/envoy_profile.ksh
DWOPS_envoy_final_extract_C

So it is not always necesary to export the variables inside the profile.

To check this just echo the vars inside a test script an redirect the output to an external file.

Example:
Code:
Test.ksh:
echo "SCRIPT_DIR=${SCRIPT_DIR}" >> /tmp/var_echoes
echo "LOGPATH=${LOGPATH}" >> /tmp/var_echoes

/* ----------------- TEST_VARS ----------------- */

insert_job: TEST_VARS job_type: c
command: $SCRIPT_DIR/Test.ksh
machine: vmzxbmxm
#owner: cmzmzv
permission: gx
std_out_file: $LOG_PATH/test.log
std_err_file: $LOG_PATH/test.err
alarm_if_fail: 1
profile: /home/proddts/feeds/daily/envoy/scripts/envoy_profile.ksh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Documentation and books on Autosys Job Control Tool from Autosys

My project uses Autosys. I am new to this product and I don't know where to start from. Q1. Please provide me the link where I can get Autosys documentation Q2. Please refer a good book on Autosys. (Beginner/Intermediate Level) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gram77
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

autosys job configuration for job failure.

We need to configure autosys that when a job fails continously for 3 times, we need to call another job. Is this possible in Autosys, or can anyone advice on the alternative. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangea
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Autosys Job.

Hi Can any one tell me free online good book for autosys job. Also whats the basic difference between Autosys job and cron job. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Autosys Job

I need to know the list of autosys job that run between given time. I have the following command. job_depends -t -J abc% -F "12/25/2010 03:00" -T "12/26/2010 05:00" Above command will give the list of job that run between time 3 AM and 5 AM. But the it gives me in random order how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list of job autosys

hi all would like to know a list of job in the my autosys . which is the command for extract it? thanks a lot regards FrancescoIt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancescoIt
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autosys Job: Job did not start

I have submitted an autosys job and force start it. Autosys hit the job 4 times to restart but it did not start and finally I terminate the job. Any idea why the job did not start. Below is the code I executed. 1214 missun0ap /export/home/bzn97r/develop/dswi/jil$ sendevent -E FORCE_STARTJOB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Job runs manually, doesn't work in crontab

I have a script (/home/admin/run_bkup.sh) that I can run manually to kick off an executable job. I want to run it in crontab, but it doesn't work. Here's the script: shell=/bin/bash today=$(date +"%m-%d-%y") /opt/CPsuite-R77/fw1/bin/upgrade_tools/upgrade_export mgt-svr-bkup-$today << EOF y... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: df08388
18 Replies

8. Programming

Autosys job in UNIX

Hi all, I am new to Unix. I would like to create a Autosys job in Unix. Can you please suggest. below is the requirement. 1. Need t Send in email every 30 minutes from 11 am to 3:00 PM. E-mail should only be sent ONLY when below Query have data return. select * from emp where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Suggestion in Autosys job

Hi, I am new to Unix and Autosys. I have written Oracle query. Now I would like to create Autosys job. below is the requirement. Send in email every 30 minutes from 11 to 4:00 PM. E-mail should only be sent ONLY when below Query have data return. Email format: To: , From: , Email... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Show faulty shows PS1 faulty

I plugged both power cables in both power supply. When I unplugged each power cable one by one, the SPARC T4-1 machine keep running. However, show faulty command shows below message. (I have also attached the picture of both power supply) -> show faulty Target ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
1 Replies
shell_builtins(1)														 shell_builtins(1)

NAME
shell_builtins, case, for, foreach, function, if, repeat, select, switch, until, while - shell command interpreter built-in commands The shell command interpreters csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1) have special built-in commands. The commands case, for, foreach, function, if, repeat, select, switch, until, and while are commands in the syntax recognized by the shells. They are described in the Commands section of the manual pages of the respective shells. The remaining commands listed in the table below are built into the shells for reasons such as efficiency or data sharing between command invocations. They are described on their respective manual pages. | Command | Shell alias |csh, ksh bg |csh, ksh, sh break |csh, ksh, sh case |csh, ksh, sh cd |csh, ksh, sh chdir |csh, sh continue |csh, ksh, sh dirs |csh echo |csh, ksh, sh eval |csh, ksh, sh exec |csh, ksh, sh exit |csh, ksh, sh export |ksh, sh false |ksh fc |ksh fg |csh, ksh, sh for |ksh, sh foreach |csh function |ksh getopts |ksh, sh glob |csh goto |csh hash |ksh, sh hashstat |csh history |csh if |csh, ksh, sh jobs |csh, ksh, sh kill |csh, ksh, sh let |ksh limit |csh login |csh, ksh, sh logout |csh, ksh, sh nice |csh newgrp |ksh, sh nohup |csh notify |csh onintr |csh popd |csh print |ksh pushd |csh pwd |ksh, sh read |ksh, sh readonly |ksh, sh rehash |csh repeat |csh return |ksh, sh select |ksh set |csh, ksh, sh setenv |csh shift |csh, ksh, sh source |csh stop |csh, ksh, sh suspend |csh, ksh, sh switch |csh test |ksh, sh time |csh times |ksh, sh trap |ksh, sh true |ksh type |ksh, sh typeset |ksh ulimit |ksh, sh umask |csh, ksh, sh unalias |csh, ksh unhash |csh unlimit |csh unset |csh, ksh, sh unsetenv |csh until |ksh, sh wait |csh, ksh, sh whence |ksh while |csh, ksh, sh Bourne Shell, sh, Special Commands Input/output redirection is now permitted for these commands. File descriptor 1 is the default output location. When Job Control is enabled, additional Special Commands are added to the shell's environment. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, sh also uses: : No effect; the command does nothing. A zero exit code is returned. .filename Read and execute commands from filename and return. The search path specified by PATH is used to find the directory con- taining filename. C shell, csh Built-in commands are executed within the C shell. If a built-in command occurs as any component of a pipeline except the last, it is exe- cuted in a subshell. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, csh also uses: : Null command. This command is interpreted, but performs no action. Korn Shell, ksh, Special Commands Input/Output redirection is permitted. Unless otherwise indicated, the output is written on file descriptor 1 and the exit status, when there is no syntax error, is zero. Commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, ksh also uses: * : [ arg ... ] The command only expands parameters. * .file [ arg ..Read the complete file then execute the commands. The commands are executed in the current shell environment. The search path specified by PATH is used to find the directory containing file. If any arguments arg are given, they become the posi- tional parameters. Otherwise, the positional parameters are unchanged. The exit status is the exit status of the last com- mand executed. the loop termination test. intro(1), alias(1), break(1), cd(1), chmod(1), csh(1), echo(1), exec(1), exit(1), find(1), getoptcvt(1), getopts(1), glob(1), hash(1), his- tory(1), jobs(1), kill(1), ksh(1), let(1), limit(1), login(1), logout(1), newgrp(1), nice(1), nohup(1), print(1), pwd(1), read(1), read- only(1), set(1), sh(1), shift(1), suspend(1), test(1B), time(1), times(1), trap(1), typeset(1), umask(1), wait(1), chdir(2), chmod(2), creat(2), umask(2), getopt(3C), profile(4), environ(5) 29 Jun 2005 shell_builtins(1)