Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What else do you do?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What else do you do? Post 302145091 by Smiling Dragon on Monday 12th of November 2007 07:48:02 PM
Old 11-12-2007
Computer

Seems like a good chance to introduce myself Smilie I've been reading these forums for a while, usually as a result of a google search for something. Figured it was time I made an account and started to 'give back' a little.

So howdie all!

Hobbies for me have taken a bit of a back seat for now as I've just started a business on the side and am currently running it and doing my day job too -> not that much time left in the 24hrs for sleeping let alone playing Smilie

Before that (and hopefully after things settle down), I have been learning to fly a hang glider (I'd recommend this to all, it's an amasing rush), open circuit scuba diving (SSI / PADI AOW) and hanging out on the beach with my two dogs (a Golden Retriever and a Newfoundland) Smilie

I follow Dexter, Boston Legal, Stargate Atlantis and The Unit on TV, can enjoy a good multiplayer computer game occasionally, but never really enjoyed chess much Smilie

Trekking/Tramping/Hiking is nice with the dogs but otherwise doesn't do lots for me, I'm fairly fit but clearly have too short an attention span so start to get bored :/ I can certainly appreciate the appeal though, just that it's not really for me.

talkd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  talkd(8)

NAME
talkd, ntalkd - The remote communications server for the talk command SYNOPSIS
talkd ntalkd DESCRIPTION
The talkd server notifies a user or callee when a client or caller wants to initiate a conversation. The talkd daemon sets up the conver- sation if the callee accepts the invitation. The caller initiates a conversation by executing the talk command and specifying the callee. The callee accepts the invitation by executing the talk command specifying the caller. The talkd daemon listens at a socket for a LOOK_UP request from a local or remote talk client. On receiving a LOOK_UP request, talkd scans its internal invitation table for an entry that pairs the client (the local or remote talk process) with a caller. If an entry exists in the talkd daemon's international invitation table, the talkd daemon assumes that the client process is the callee. The talkd daemon returns the appropriate rendezvous address to the talk process for the callee. The callee process then establishes a stream connection with the caller process. If an entry does not exist in the invitation table, the talkd daemon assumes that the client process is the caller. The talkd daemon then receives the client process's ANNOUNCE request. When talkd receives the ANNOUNCE request, talkd broadcasts an invitation on the console of the remote host where the callee is logged in, unless the caller specifies a particular tty. At approximately 1-minute intervals, talkd rebroadcasts the invitation until either the invitation is answered by the callee or the call is canceled by the caller. Debugging messages are sent to syslogd(8). For further information on the files used by this daemon, see the syslogd command. FILES
Specifies the command path Defines Internet socket assignments Contains data about users who are currently logged in NOTES
The Tru64 UNIX version of talkd uses the talk 4.3BSD protocol. This command is sometimes referred to as ntalkd. It is not compatible with 4.2BSD versions of talk. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: inetd(8), syslogd(8), talk(1) delim off talkd(8)