Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to move files while Taring.. Post 302144813 by preethgideon on Saturday 10th of November 2007 03:27:22 AM
Old 11-10-2007
Did you mean ?

tar -cvf TARZIP.10 Nov09/ --remove-file1 file2 file3

Note:I have around 15-20k files /folder

Thanks and regards,
Gideon.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check files and move the results to differents files?

Hi, I am a newbie to shell scripting. here is my objective: 1)The shell program should take 2 parameters - ie-> DestinationFolder, WebFolder 2)Destination folder contains few files that has to has be verified and deleted. 3)WebFolder is a folder containing a list of master files 4)It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandhyagupta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

TARing multiple files at once

Hi guys, I'm trying to write a quick script to archive off some data once a week. So far I have got; DATE=`date +%Y-%m-%d` TARFILE=${DATE}.tar for file in `find /usr/local/DATA/in -mtime +6`; do tar -czvf ${TARFILE} ${file}; done The problem I have is it is going through the results... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for Taring the all the folderand move into another server

I Need to run a Unix Aix Shell Script should contains 1)Find all the folders in the directory /fss/fin. 2)Tar the Folders. 3)Move the Tar folders into another directory /fs/fi which in server .s11003232sz.net 4)When user requests untar the Folders and move it back to the orignal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreekumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively UNTARing and then TARing back

I've just finished writing a shell script that searches for a string recursively in all text files and replace them with another string. Now, all these files come from a location nested deep within some TAR files which are inside another mother TAR. To make my script work, we had been UNTARing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: exchequer598
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move directories along with files/specific files

I would like to transfer all files ending with .log from /tmp and to /tmp/archive (using find ) The directory structure looks like :- /tmp a.log b.log c.log /abcd d.log e.log When I tried the following command , it movies all the log files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taring 2 dir together

Hello everyone, I am trying to tar 2 directories together in KSH. tar -cvf temptarfile.tar scripts tar -cvf temptarfile.tar scripts.2 I need all the files in scripts and scripts.2 to be in one tar file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BrutalBryan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files except sys date (today) files in Solaris 10

I want to move all files from one directory to another directory excluding today (sysdate files) on daily basis. file name is in pattern file_2013031801, file_2013031802 etc (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khattak
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tar command not taring all files

I am just creating tar.gz file with comand tar -zcvf xyz.tar.gz /home/xyz/* xyz folder contains thousands of files mostly .c, .cpp, etc.. I see that many times all the files are not zipped. Many files(in hundreds) are abruptly left out. What may be the reason for this and how to resolve... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files with a certain suffix based on how many files are in another folder

Hello, First time poster. I am looking for a way to script or program the process of moving files from one folder to another, automatically, based on the count of files in the destination folder. I was thinking a shell script would work, but am open to the suggestions of the experts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: comtech
6 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
compares three versions of a file, and prints disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: all three files differ file1 is different file2 is different file3 is different The type of change required to convert a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = or Text is to be changed in the range line n1 through line n2. If n1 = n2, the range can be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Produces a script for the editor that can be used to incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3 (see ed(1)); i.e., the changes that normally would be flagged and Produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged Produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged Produces a script that will incorporate all changes between file2 and file3, but treat overlapping changes (that is, changes that would be flagged with in normal listing) differently. The overlapping lines in both files will be inserted by the edit script bracketed by and lines. Produces a script that will incorporate only changes flagged , but treat these changes in the manner of option. The following command applies the resulting script to file1. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. WARNINGS
Text lines that consist of a single period defeat Files longer than 64K bytes do not work. FILES
SEE ALSO
diff(1). diff3(1)