Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting System Configuration Extraction Post 302144630 by porter on Friday 9th of November 2007 12:29:00 AM
Old 11-09-2007
Do you have a directory called "Audit"?

Why don't you do

Code:
tar cf Audit.tar `cat data.txt`
tar tvf Audit.tar

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to the configuration of the system

How to know configuration information of the system. like (1) memory assigned for RAM - ? (2) How much is the Hard disk -? (3) processor I used uname and du -k commands. But i couldn't get information about RAM. which command gives this info (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ds_sastry
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System boot configuration

On my PC I have two hard disks, the first with Windows 98 SE and the second with Linux Mandrake 8.0 (Traktopel). When I have installed Linux, it has modified the boot record of the 1st HD and it has added a graphic menu (LILO) for selecting the OS to use. By default, if I don't press a key, Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotronic
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gathering system configuration

Hi there, I have been asked to write a script that gathers enough information on our Sun Solaris machines to be able to rebuild and configure them if they should go pop. My question is does anybody have any suggestions on the files that I need to take a copy of, to ensure that everything is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to get system configuration

Hi, We have >1000 UNIX boxes in our environment with various UNIX flavors like Solaris, HP-UX and Redhat Linux ES 3/4/5. We need to collect their system configuration like - No. of CPUs and their frequencies - RAM Size - No. of HDDs installed and their usage - Exact OS Version and its... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the system configuration on Sun solaris

Hi, Could you pls. let me know what is cammand in unix to check the system configuration on Sun solaris. Thanks in advance. Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
2 Replies

6. Solaris

system configuration

how to identify if the machine is sun4u ? is this model a sun4u machine ? Model : Sun Ultra 5/10 UPA/PCI (UltraSPARC-IIi 300MHz), (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

my system configuration

Here with I am submitting a script , which is made for my use. It may be useful for anyone. I did't given in functions and all.... I am posting in this forum , because anyone can reply to this thread , for any change/addition. And yea , suggestions awaiting..:) #!/bin/bash # #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wich tool for check that two system have the same configuration

Hello , On a couple of system I have to check that systems have the same configuration. This system are part of manual cluster but when application are going to switch from one side to another side I would like to be sure I am not going to experience incidents. It is why I wonder if on the web... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavier38450
2 Replies
GIT-TAR-TREE(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-TAR-TREE(1)

NAME
git-tar-tree - Create a tar archive of the files in the named tree object SYNOPSIS
git tar-tree [--remote=<repo>] <tree-ish> [ <base> ] DESCRIPTION
THIS COMMAND IS DEPRECATED. Use git archive with --format=tar option instead (and move the <base> argument to --prefix=base/). Creates a tar archive containing the tree structure for the named tree. When <base> is specified it is added as a leading path to the files in the generated tar archive. git tar-tree behaves differently when given a tree ID versus when given a commit ID or tag ID. In the first case the current time is used as modification time of each file in the archive. In the latter case the commit time as recorded in the referenced commit object is used instead. Additionally the commit ID is stored in a global extended pax header. It can be extracted using git get-tar-commit-id. OPTIONS
<tree-ish> The tree or commit to produce tar archive for. If it is the object name of a commit object. <base> Leading path to the files in the resulting tar archive. --remote=<repo> Instead of making a tar archive from local repository, retrieve a tar archive from a remote repository. CONFIGURATION
tar.umask This variable can be used to restrict the permission bits of tar archive entries. The default is 0002, which turns off the world write bit. The special value "user" indicates that the archiving user's umask will be used instead. See umask(2) for details. EXAMPLES
git tar-tree HEAD junk | (cd /var/tmp/ && tar xf -) Create a tar archive that contains the contents of the latest commit on the current branch, and extracts it in /var/tmp/junk directory. git tar-tree v1.4.0 git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release. git tar-tree v1.4.0^{tree} git-1.4.0 | gzip >git-1.4.0.tar.gz Create a tarball for v1.4.0 release, but without a global extended pax header. git tar-tree --remote=example.com:git.git v1.4.0 >git-1.4.0.tar Get a tarball v1.4.0 from example.com. git tar-tree HEAD:Documentation/ git-docs > git-1.4.0-docs.tar Put everything in the current head's Documentation/ directory into git-1.4.0-docs.tar, with the prefix git-docs/. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-TAR-TREE(1)