Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to correctly allocate size while creating FileSystem Post 302144618 by Smiling Dragon on Thursday 8th of November 2007 10:46:21 PM
Old 11-08-2007
I'm not 100% sure but I think you havn't saved your changes to the partiiton table there, so it's reverting back to the previous size.
Try saving the changes (I think it's using 'label' before you quit)

[edit] Also, leave slice 2 alone, don't newfs it or your could clobber the entire disk. You want to newfs slice _3_[/edit]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Creating a shared filesystem

Hi everybody, Is it possible to create a Shared Filesystem on Network to be accessed from 2 Systems? Both systems are AIX but with different versions. One of these systems is AIX 4.3 & the other is AIX 5.2. Thanks in advanced (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
8 Replies

2. AIX

filesystem size

i am new in the field 3months to be precise. how do i come up with size, i want to change for the filesystem? assuming there is enough space on the volume group. do i just assign any value? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeman
5 Replies

3. Solaris

creating new filesystem

# df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1d0s0 4.5G 4.3G 129M 98% / /devices 0K 0K 0K 0% /devices ctfs 0K 0K 0K 0% /system/contract proc 0K 0K ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Creating filesystem of 2MB size

Hi all, I would like to ask on how to create 2MB partition on a Compact Flash card. It supposed to be of FAT12 type, and the CF capacity is 4GB. I try to do the partitioning and specify the size as 2MB but the partition editor automatically resize it to 8MB. I know that this is possible and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: archayl
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Creating filesystem on new LUN

I'm new to linux and need information on how do I create a filesytem on a dedicated on LUN for RHEL 4 and 5? I want the filesystem to be a ext3 ---------- Post updated at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:56 AM ---------- Found the answer. This thread can be closed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

6. Linux

Creating Filesystem using DD for LVM

I created a new filesystem using dd and mounted: I have a filesystem /FAW with 1Terra space /dev/sdb1 1151331444 24742604 1068104612 3% /FAW Steps I followed to create a new filesystem # dd if=/dev/zero of=/FAW/vms/linux_vm/disk2.img bs=1 count=1024 seek=500G # mke2fs... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
10 Replies

7. Programming

SIGSEGV when allocate a certain size

The problem: I need to work with large arrays and after one of my structures grew in size my program started getting segmentation fault. My code where I allocate the arrays: static R1 *tarr; static R2 *rarr; proc_init_mem() { const int t_sz = sizeof(R1) *... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get correctly directory size ?

Hello, I am on solaris 9 (KSH) and I am on trouble while using a command line in a script to get the directory size of a directory. /usr/bin/du -sk /data/_restit typeset -i rep_size=` /usr/bin/du -sk /data/_restit |cut -d"/" -f1 ` echo "${rep_size}" I did try different way to write the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Creating filesystem in LDOMs

Hi, I have a task of creating a UFS filesystem in an LDOM. It is located in a hypervisor (CDOM). The storage has been provisioned to the CDOM. How do I make it reflect to the LDOM, and then from there configure/set up the filesystem in the LDOM? Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)