Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting check position of end of line(URGENT PLS) Post 302144612 by senthil_is on Thursday 8th of November 2007 10:30:00 PM
Old 11-08-2007
check position of end of line for some specific lines

Have to check in a file that the lines starting with 620 and 705
are ending at same posiotin.

In the above lines, i have to check the lines starting with 620 and 705 are having the length 94.

Can anyone help. Immediate response is very much appriciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check position of end of line for some specific lines

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Have to check in a file that the lines starting with 620 and 705 are ending at same posiotin. 82012345 62023232323 70523949558 62023255454 9999 In the above lines, i have to check the lines starting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT :pls help

Following is d code snipet #!/bin/ksh retVal=`sqlplus -s user/passwd\@oracle_sid <<EOF SET SERVEROUTPUT ON SIZE 100000 DECLARE STATUS_VALUE VARCHAR2(1); BEGIN SELECT temp1 INTO STATUS_VALUE FROM sai; DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE(STATUS_VALUE); END; / exit; EOF` echo "Return Value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainathdeg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent! Sed/Awk Filter Find Pattern Delete Till End Of Line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find if a position is between a given start and end position

Hi, I am a newbie in unix programming so maybe this is a simple question. I would like to know how can I make a script that outputs only the values that are not between any given start and end positions Example file1: 2 30 40 80 82 100 file2: ID1 1 ID2 35 ID3 80 ID4 81 ID6... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subsitute from a position till end of line.

Hi, Having a following file's content, lets say: ABC|ANA|LDJ|||||DKD|||||| AJJ|KKDD||KKDK|||||||||||| KKD||KD|||LLLD||||LLD||||| Problem: Need to replace pipes from 8th occurrence of pipe till end. so the result should be: ABC|ANA|LDJ|||||DKD AJJ|KKDD||KKDK|||| ------- ------- ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Noprofi
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pls help me very urgent

will post again (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revertback
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the spaces at the end of a line starting from a fixed position

I want to remove the trailing spaces at the end of each line starting from a particular position(using ksh script). For example, in the attached file, I want to remove all the spaces starting from the position 430 till the end. The space has to be removed only from the 430th position no matter in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suryaaravindh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check for empty line at end of a dynamic header in each file

Hi Folks, I have a requirement to develop a shell script. PFB my requirement, Requirement: I need to check an empty line after the end of each header in respective file and if a empty line is present simply echo file OK and if empty line is not present echo "Adding empty line" and add an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpk
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check line end not ending with comma

I have several line in a text file. for example I like apple; I like apple I like orange; Output: I like apple I try to useif grep -q "!\;$"; then (Not work) Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, and code segments (as required by forum rules). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmdcmd
1 Replies
thai/thwctype.h(3)						      libthai							thai/thwctype.h(3)

NAME
thai/thwctype.h - Thai wide-char character classifications. SYNOPSIS
Functions int th_wcistis (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character convertible to a valid TIS-620 code? int th_wcisthai (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai character? int th_wciseng (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character an English character? int th_wcisthcons (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai consonant? int th_wcisthvowel (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai vowel? int th_wcisthtone (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai tone mark? int th_wcisthdiac (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai diacritic? int th_wcisthdigit (thwchar_t wc) Is the character a Thai digit? int th_wcisthpunct (thwchar_t wc) Is the character a Thai punctuation? int th_wcistaillesscons (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai consonant that fits the x-height? int th_wcisovershootcons (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai consonant with stem above ascender? int th_wcisundershootcons (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai consonant with stem below baseline? int th_wcisundersplitcons (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai consonant with split part below baseline? int th_wcisldvowel (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai leading vowel? int th_wcisflvowel (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai following vowel? int th_wcisupvowel (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai upper vowel? int th_wcisblvowel (thwchar_t wc) Is the wide character a Thai below vowel? int th_wcchlevel (thwchar_t wc) Position for rendering: Detailed Description Thai wide-char character classifications. Function Documentation int th_wcchlevel (thwchar_twc) Position for rendering: o 3 = above/top o 2 = top o 1 = above o 0 = base o -1 = below int th_wcistis (thwchar_twc) Is the wide character convertible to a valid TIS-620 code? TIS-620 here means US-ASCII plus TIS-620 extension. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libthai from the source code. Version 0.1.14 Tue Jun 17 2014 thai/thwctype.h(3)