Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a menu from find
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating a menu from find Post 302144607 by Ygor on Thursday 8th of November 2007 10:12:38 PM
Old 11-08-2007
Try...
Code:
select choice in $(find /apps/logs -type f -name '*log*')
do
   [ $choice ] && view $choice
   break
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a menu for recycling and permanently deleting files.

Trying to alias rm to move files to a hidden trash directory in the bash shell. I've tried to create this alias numberous ways and it's just not working. Here's what I've tried, anyone have any suggestions. alias rm='mv $* ~/.trash' alias rm= 'mv$* ~/.trash' things like that... I've also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strmy_ngts
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating menu list from configuration file

Hi folks, I have the following function ,which generates menu for installation type: select_install_type() { echo echo ======================================== echo Please select the type of installation: echo ======================================== ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a menu within a script file

I am very new to Unix and know the basic commands. I have to write a script file and I'm completely lost. The script file is to show the following at the beginning: Menu of Options 1. Display all files in a user's home directory. 2. Welcome yourself to the program. 3. Display System... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinjin
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a menu

Hi, I need your help co create a very small menu somthing that look like this: 1. first step 2. second step 3. last step from step : ___ to step : ___ If the user choose 1 --> it will echo : Hellow If the user choose 2 --> it will echo : World If the user choose 3 --> it will echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a List of Files With Find

Hi, I need to go through all the files on my system and build a list/output file with the paths of all files where the first two characters within the file match an expression. I know I can use something like find . | xargs cut -b1-2 or find . -exec cut -b1-2 {} \; to get the characters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 008_
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Menu in Menu script issue

Problem: I am trying to create a menu in a menu script and I am running into an issue with the calculator portion of the script. I am first presented with the ==Options Menu== which all 5 options working correctly. Now comes the fun part. I select option 1 which takes me to my ==Calculator... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iDdraig
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in create menu with 3 sub menu using the case command

hi all i am a newbie to this is there any examples on creating a main menu with 3 sub menu main menu -> option a , b and c a menu -> option 1 ,2 and 3 b menu -> option 1 ,2 c menu -> option 1 ,2 i am getting headache as my code kept getting unexpected EOF ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercm
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a menu.

Hi Master of masters, Thanks for ur reply. Need ur help for following. Is it possible to create menu for following in linux or a function. > Look in logs > Status > Action > End Action > CONFSUCCESS > Success > Show message as successful > Enter to continue > CONFFAIL > Failure > Show... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshwebspere
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating bash script to process a data file based on the menu

Hey, im fairly new to unix and Im trying to make this unix project that would display a menu and do the following. MENU =========================== (p, P) Print users info (a, A) Add new user (s, S) Search user (d, D) Delete user (x,X) Exit Enter your choice: Trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimaxtrd
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gnome 3.28.3 menu item dissapears under the system menu

I installed CentOS 8 with Gnome 3.28.2 and I noticed that the "switch user" menu item disappeared from under the system menu of Gnome classic (Both X11 & Wayland). I checked google and this problem seems to have a history going back several releases of Gnome. Unfortunately, I never found a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLMENU(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)

NAME
dh_installmenu - install Debian menu files into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installmenu [debhelperoptions] [-n] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmenu is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian menu package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postinst and postrm commands needed to interface with the Debian menu package. These commands are inserted into the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb(1). FILES
debian/package.menu Debian menu files, installed into usr/share/menu/package in the package build directory. See menufile(5) for its format. debian/package.menu-method Debian menu method files, installed into etc/menu-methods/package in the package build directory. OPTIONS
-n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) update-menus(1) menufile(5) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLMENU(1)