Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users sftping continously with out breaking the connection Post 302144601 by nilesrex on Thursday 8th of November 2007 09:52:28 PM
Old 11-08-2007
Hey Porter,

Actually I copied a incorrect thing I am sftping the files to end system. so it is MPUT so I have control with me for the files.

What I am thinking is whenever files are ready to be sftp'ed they will call this script and check if connection is active and if yes then do the sftp else open a new connection and send the files.... I agree there would be problems because of multithreading where connection can be a seamaphor or some thing however if I have some thing which I can modify and work on would be greate....

Today I did profiling of this processes what I have seen is at times I get 40 files in a min to do sftping... so it very bad that I open & close connections 40 times in a single min....

What do you think??

Cheers,
rex

Last edited by nilesrex; 11-08-2007 at 10:53 PM.. Reason: MPUT....and not MGET sorry my mistake

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script should run continously

Hi I have a small req. I have a script called as abc.sh I want to execute this script continously for every 1 minute even if i exit from the server i.e., it should keeps on running for every one minute even if i logged off Can any one send me the sample code or procedure to work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

after 30 seconds breaking the internet connection

Please help me to solve this problem. after every 30 second or 1 minute i m getting the folowing error in browser, which works fine after pressing the reload tab. #################################################### While trying to retrieve the URL: Ubuntu Forums - Search Forums The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running the job continously.

I run a job, before completion of that job, another one started the same job in the middle of running the same job. What will happen? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append the output continously from a script

Hi All, Am using the below script to produce some statistics. Currently it send the results to a log file and sends the contents of the log to a mail ID. Next time when it runs it erases the previous log and writes the latest output to the log file. I want the output to be appended to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirmal84
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Polling continously for presence of a file

Hi, My os is sun solaris 5.10 and Korn shell scripting. I have a file name like CCNA_EARLY_SWP.w062309 where 062309 is date in mmddyy .This is the value date of the file.(will I need to check continously from 5.00 - 7.00 am daily for this file . If the file has not come at 5 am or 7am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj39
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Link status turning up and down continously

Hi All, Happy New Year. I have a weird situation in one of my servers.The OS is solaris 10 We don't have bcme1 interface configured/plumbed on that system but every 5 second i get this message in /var/adm/messages Jan 4 20:22:45 XXXX bcme: NOTICE: bcme1 : Link is Up (1000Mbps, Full... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTPing non-interactive mode

Hi All, I need to sftp without any intervention.(LInux,Ksh) I have tried some ideas listed here...but its not working... Please advise on it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jesu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting stdout continously to a file

I have a C program that continously outputs info to stdout. The problem is that I am redirecting the stdout and stderr to a file and stdout is written at the end of the problem rather than continously to the file. This could be a problem if for example the program is killed and the stdout output is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: igurov
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to play video files one after the other continously?

Hi, There are many MP4 files in a folder say 50 files . All these files are video clipping files.Instead of playing the video one by one , is it possible to play all video clipping files into single shot ? Say for example when i play one video file it gets over after sometime and to view... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
5 Replies
purple-send(1)							   User Commands						    purple-send(1)

NAME
purple-send - calls purple API functions using DBus and prints the return value. SYNOPSIS
purple-send method-name [type1:value1] [type2:value2] ... DESCRIPTION
This program calls purple API functions using DBus and prints the return value. If you are not interested in the return value, use purple- send-async. This shell script just invokes dbus-send, see man dbus-send for how to specify the parameters. OPTIONS
Use dbus-viewer to get the list of supported functions and their parameters. Here are some examples: /usr/bin/purple-send PurpleAccountsFindConnected string: string:prpl-jabber /usr/bin/purple-send PurpleAccountsGetAll /usr/bin/purple-send PurpleCoreQuit ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send-async(1), purple-url-handler(1), attributes(5) purple-send Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-send(1)