Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog message..!
Operating Systems Solaris syslog message..! Post 302143858 by nicknihal on Monday 5th of November 2007 12:07:35 AM
Old 11-05-2007
Bug syslog message..!

I got my system sun fire 6800 hung later reboot after generating these message can any one help me on this to review these message..!!
nfssrv: [ID 694464 kern.warning] WARNING: nfsauth upcall failed: RPC: Operation in progress
mountd[664]: [ID 676604 daemon.error] cannot accept connection: 19: error unknown (current state -1)
KAVE00166-W The Store service is delayed and the load on the service is high. Revise the collection items and the collection intervals. (queue length=1)
^Mpanic[cpu16]/thread=2a10004fcc0:
using kernel phase-lock loop 0041, drift correction 0.00000

I am unable to diag the problem with the system... can anyone please put his/her valuable remarks on these .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to limit max no of message in a posix message queue

Hii can anyone pls tell how to limit the max no of message in a posix message queue. I have made changes in proc/sys/fs/mqueue/msg_max But still whenever i try to read the value of max. message in the queue using attr.mq_curmsgs (where struct mq_attr attr) its giving the default value as 10.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

2. Programming

why I can't get syslog message?

I read Unix network programming by richard,in chap12.3,it say if call syslog() by using parameter LOG_USER,it should write a message in /var/adm/messages in Solaris,such as "connected from 10.1.1.2",example file inet/daytimetcpsrv2.c.I want to know which syslog file in FreeBSD7.0?I look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

3. AIX

Syslog - Message forwarded from

I am not a Unix / AIX admin, but am working with one that doesn't seem to know how to set up syslog to forward messages to me the way I need them. Every message they send me has "Message forwarded from <insert host name here>:" but I need it to only have the host name. In the examples below,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlbillow
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Q on <user> of syslog message generated by logger command

Generally(at least on AIX5.3, Solaris9, OS X)'logger' command would create syslog messages which carry <login name> . On Solaris9, I have experienced two circumstances in which 'logname' command fails. In this circumstance I saw the 'logger' command generated syslog messages which carry... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: masaki
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syslog Message Columns

Hi all, I need your help with syslog columns. Currently I have a script as follows: (extract) for messages in `cat syslog_message_list.txt`; \ do \ grep $messages syslog.`date +%d%m%y`.log | \ tr -s " " | \ cut -d" " -f4,9- | \ sort -k3.2,3 -k2,2 -k1nr,1 | \ uniq -c | \ sort -k3.2,3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wthomas
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Syslog Message

All thanks for the help in advance. I'm current have my syslog server built on RHEL5.7. I'm wondering how to I have the syslog messages categorized by hostname? Is that an option I can add to the syslog.conf? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt (How to format message.txt for html email)

ssmtp has been running well under Kubuntu 12.04.1 for plain text messages. I would like to send html messages with ssmtp -t < /path/to/the/message.txt, but I cannot seem to get the message.txt file properly formatted. I have tried various charsets, Content-Transfer-Encoding, rearranging the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronald B
0 Replies

8. AIX

Message redirected from syslog

Hi. recently in many of our lpars we are getting a message in errpt as "C6ACA566 0315094014 U S dtc MESSAGE REDIRECTED FROM SYSLOG". I have also checked the /etc/syslog.conf file. It doesn't point to error log. Can someone please advise about how to fix this error ? pmut3:/> errpt -aj... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Generate message in syslog.log

Dear Concern, Is there any command to generate message in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file in HP-UX. With Best Regards, Kauser (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

How redirect syslog message to a specified file?

Hello to everyone! I have a question about syslog. I want put the messages of log in a particular file but really i don't know how to do that or i don't get the results that I want. I do this: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <syslog.h> int main (void) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kovalevski
4 Replies
nfsd(1M)																  nfsd(1M)

NAME
nfsd - NFS daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nfs/nfsd [-a] [-c #_conn] [-l listen_backlog] [-p protocol] [-t device] [nservers] nfsd is the daemon that handles client file system requests. Only users with {PRIV_SYS_NFS} and sufficient privileges to write to /var/run can run this daemon. The nfsd daemon is automatically invoked using share(1M) with the -a option. By default, nfsd starts over the TCP and UDP transports for versions 2 and 3. By default, it starts over the TCP for version 4. You can change this with the -p option. A previously invoked nfsd daemon started with or without options must be stopped before invoking another nfsd command. Administrators wanting to change startup parameters for nfsd should, as root, make changes in the /etc/default/nfs file. See nfs(4). The following options are supported: -a Start a NFS daemon over all available connectionless and connection-oriented transports, including UDP and TCP. Equivalent of setting the NFSD_PROTOCOL parameter to ALL in the nfs file. -c #_conn This sets the maximum number of connections allowed to the NFS server over connection-oriented transports. By default, the number of connections is unlimited. Equivalent of the NFSD_MAX_CONNECTIONS parameter in the nfs file. -l Set connection queue length for the NFS TCP over a connection-oriented transport. The default value is 32 entries. Equiva- lent of the NFSD_LISTEN_BACKLOG parameter in the nfs file. -p protocol Start a NFS daemon over the specified protocol. Equivalent of the NFSD_PROTOCOL parameter in the nfs file. -t device Start a NFS daemon for the transport specified by the given device. Equivalent of the NFSD_DEVICE parameter in the nfs file. The following operands are supported: nservers This sets the maximum number of concurrent NFS requests that the server can handle. This concurrency is achieved by up to nservers threads created as needed in the kernel. nservers should be based on the load expected on this server. 16 is the usual number of nservers. If nservers is not specified, the maximum number of concurrent NFS requests will default to 1. Equivalent of the NFSD_SERVERS parameter in the nfs file. USAGE
If the NFS_PORTMON variable is set in /etc/system, then clients are required to use privileged ports (ports < IPPORT_RESERVED) to get NFS services. This variable is equal to zero by default. This variable has been moved from the "nfs" module to the "nfssrv" module. To set the variable, edit the /etc/system file and add this entry: set nfssrv:nfs_portmon = 1 0 Daemon started successfully. 1 Daemon failed to start. .nfsXXX Client machine pointer to an open-but-unlinked file. /etc/default/nfs Contains startup parameters for nfsd. /etc/system System configuration information file. /var/nfs/v4_state Directories used by the server to manage client state information. These directories should not be removed. /var/nfs/v4_oldstate See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfssu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ps(1), svcs(1), mountd(1M), share(1M), svcadm(1M), nfs(4), sharetab(4), system(4), attributes(5), smf(5) Manually starting and restarting nfsd is not recommended. If it is necessary to do so, use svcadm to enable or disable the nfs service (svc:/network/nfs/server). If it is disabled, it will be enabled by share_nfs(1M), unless its application/auto_enable property is set to false. See the , and svcadm(1M) for more information. The nfsd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/nfs/server Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). The ser- vice's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. If nfsd is killed with SIGTERM, it will not be restarted by the service management facility. Instead, nfsd can be restarted by other sig- nals, such as SIGINT. 27 Apr 2005 nfsd(1M)