Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting procedure/function not found in .ksh Post 302143713 by porter on Friday 2nd of November 2007 06:21:40 PM
Old 11-02-2007
1. confirm you have "#!/bin/ksh" as the start

2. define your functions

Code:
funcname()
{
    blah
}

See if that helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a PL/SQL stored procedure from KSH

Hi I have a stored procedure which should be called from KSH. Could ayone please help me with this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlAhEr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

function: not found error on solaris

shell script in very simple, #!/bin/sh function msgs { echo 'this' } msgs It works on linux, apple, but can not run on solaris. On solaris, when I enter "./t.sh", it gave me following error, ./t.sh: function: not found this ./t.sh: msgs: not found What's wrong with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: microstarwwx
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function not found message

I have shell script as below: #!/bin/ksh #set -xv function set_variable { VARIABLE_NAME=$1 CURRENT_PATH=`pwd` if ; then echo "\nconfiguration_file.lst file not found in $CURRENT_PATH/common/common_scripts" exit 1; fi VARIABLE_COUNT=`cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: findprakash
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Table,View,Package,Function and Procedure Name in a File

Hi I am new to Unix shell scripting. But i need help to slove the below issue. Issue description: I want to read table, view names and package names in a file my plan to find the table name is : search "From" key word find the table or view To find the packge name : Search "Package... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboss
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh:not found

Hi, i used to run oracle queries in unix and then transfer the result in to csv files. it was working fine for a month.but today it showed an error like ksh>dimens_minus_scpt.sh not found. Can someone please help. Thanks. :wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varadharajan87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable not found error for a variable which is returned from stored procedure

can anyone please help me with this: i have written a shell script and a stored procedure which has one OUT parameter. now i want to use that out parameter as an input to the unix script but i am getting an error as variable not found. below are the unix scripts and stored procedure... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swap21783
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Oracle stored procedure from ksh script

Friends, I'm newbie with ksh so wanting some help.... 1. I'm trying to call oracle stored procedure from ksh script by taking variable value from runtime, feed into script and execute procedure. 2. Put name1 and name2 value from script run replacing $3 & $4 I'm trying to put name1 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh and Oracle stored procedure output in logfile

Friends, I pass some runtime arguments (date, number) through ksh script to Oracle procedure, use input value and pass it on to procedure. Oracle procedure gets input value, run query and logs everything in the logfile. I'm facing with couple of challenges 1. Even though I pass all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: homer4all
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Function not found error

Hi All, I have written one shell script where I should call a function by passing variables to the actual function based on some condition. Each time I run the script I am getting the below error dsadm@bunyipd: /var/datastage/FRPDEVL/work/script> sh MClub_Validations.sh Iteration: 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tpk
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found, but using function in bash

In the bash below, if the answer is "y" then goto function remove. If the answer is "n" then goto the id variable line (where the date is inputted). However, I am getting command remove not found, but remove is a function not an command. I must have the syntax incorrect? Thank you :). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)