Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers displaying mutliple fields on command line Post 302143624 by radoulov on Friday 2nd of November 2007 07:37:17 AM
Old 11-02-2007
Code:
cal -y|cut -c4-17,21-23,27-40,44-46,50-63

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

displaying the first line?

how do i display just the first line of a file with the cat command or any command for that matter (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imuuk
4 Replies

2. Programming

Displaying fields in wtmp file?

Anyone have any idea on how to display the fields for each record stored in the wtmp file using C? Am I correct in thinking that the info stored in wtmp is in binary and that utmpx will be of some help? Being a beginner, I can come up with bits and pieces of what I might need in order to do the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eclapton1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying the path in the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set mutliple words variable from command line

I'm writing a script (C shell) to search for a pattern in file. For example scriptname pattern file1 file2 filenN I use for loop to loop through arguments argv, and it does the job if all arguments are supplied. However if only one argument is supplied (in that case pattern ) it should ask to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patryk44
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print mutliple patterns in a line using sed

Hi, I am trying to print multiple patterns in a line using sed. But it is printing only the last occurance of a pattern. If the line is the the output should be Lookup Procedure|Stored proc But the output I am getting is Stored proc The code I am using is echo... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar_laveti
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Displaying command return in one line

Hello all I have a query (SQL) that returns a rather long field from an Oracle database. The field in question is defined on 400 characters but all these 400 cannot be displayed by the echo command. Thus when I launch the following command: echo "SELECT FIELD01 FROM TABLE_NAME;" | sqlplus -s... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: S. BASU
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing fields of two files and displaying results

Hello , I am trying to compare two files i.e one master file and the other exclusion file. If the second field of masterfile is oracle8 then I need to compare the 3rd field of master file with the 1st field of all the rows of exclusion file else I need to compare 2nd field from master file with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to sort two fields and printf not displaying the correct values

Not able to sorting two fileds resolved printf issue 01-1000/9|JAN 01-0000/6|MAN 01-1010/2|JAN 01-1010/2|JAN 01-1010/2|JAN 01-1000/9|JAN 01-1000/9|JAN 01-1000/9|SAA 01-1000/9|SAA 01-0000/6|SAN 01-0000/6|SAN 1.sort -t'|' -k1,1n -k2,2 file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalia4u
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is there a UNIX command that can compare fields of files with differing number of fields?

Hi, Below are the sample files. x.txt is from an Excel file that is a list of users from Windows and y.txt is a list of database account. $ head -500 x.txt y.txt ==> x.txt <== TEST01 APP_USER_PROFILE USER03 APP_USER_PROFILE TEST02 APP_USER_EXP_PROFILE TEST04 APP_USER_PROFILE USER01 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Displaying every other line in an array.

Hi, I have an array, that works well. But, I want to have it display every other line. Like so, 1, 3, 5, 7, etc, etc. Here is the relevant code: I'm sorry for the pastebin link. For some reason, I can't get the code to format properly with the code tags. code tags work fine... everyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
4 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-smjy13] [[[day] month] year] DESCRIPTION
Cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -1 Display single month output. (This is the default.) -3 Display prev/current/next month output. -s Display Sunday as the first day of the week. -m Display Monday as the first day of the week. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -y Display a calendar for the current year. -V Display version information and exit. A single parameter specifies the year (1 - 9999) to be displayed; note the year must be fully specified: ``cal 89'' will not display a calen- dar for 1989. Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. Three parameters denote the day (1-31), month and year, and the day will be highlighted if the calendar is displayed on a terminal. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A year starts on Jan 1. The first day of the week is determined by the locale. The Gregorian Reformation is assumed to have occurred in 1752 on the 3rd of September. By this time, most countries had recognized the ref- ormation (although a few did not recognize it until the early 1900's.) Ten days following that date were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. OTHER VERSIONS
Several much more elaborate versions of this program exist, with support for colors, holidays, birthdays, reminders and appointments, etc. For example, try the cal from http://home.sprynet.com/~cbagwell/projects.html or GNU gcal. AVAILABILITY
The cal command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD