Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Case Instruction
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Case Instruction Post 302143556 by bright_future on Friday 2nd of November 2007 01:49:29 AM
Old 11-02-2007
Error That may be a typing error

Have you tried putting ';' (semicolon) after your statement
echo "oraSTT"

I guess, you would need 1 semicolon after each statement except the last one.
See if this works:

Quote:
echo "oraSTT";
PATH=/Data/oracle/d03/STTdb/9.2.0/bin:$PATH;
export PATH;
. /Data/oracle/d03/STTdb/9.2.0/STT_os03erd.env
;;
Note there are 2 semicolons after your last statement
. /Data/oracle/d03/STTdb/9.2.0/STT_os03erd.env

Last edited by bright_future; 11-02-2007 at 03:11 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

2489 Illegal instruction

Hello I am trying to execute a back up from one queue manager from one script saveqmgr.sh but I am getting 2489 Illegal instruction on line 16 $ sh +x ./saveqmgr.sh S1SEAGULL QueueManager=S1SEAGULL Retention= S1SEAGULL.MQS.14Jan2005 not found ./saveqmgr.sh: 2836 Illegal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Illegal instruction(coredump)

Hi I am trying to execute a simple grep command looking for records in a filename that start with 01 (grep ^01 filename) and am getting the error Illegal instruction(coredump). Has anyone any idea why this happens? Is it due to the file being corrupted? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: colinmas
1 Replies

4. Solaris

what is that 1 in the instruction!~ (please help fast)

Hi all, make_lofs /.cdrom/<something>/<something> 1 what does this instruction mean? Note:both the "something" are obviously different . I would like to know what that 1 means, the rest of the instruction is clear!! Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How verify that the last instruction was success ?

Hi gusys. I am developing a script that mount a filesystem ; I would like verify that this instruction has finished OK !!! I am tryin to use $? ; but I have doubt How use the if instruction with the $? variable : mount machine:/dir /dir if then action 1 else ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Openssh installation instruction ?

Hi , Currently the machine is running with Sun_ssh. I would like to move to Open_ssh. I went through google. Each link shows different directions/ways to install openssh. I am not sure which one to proceed with . Installing OpenSSH Packages - SPARC and Intel x86/Solaris 9 and 10 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open_ssh installation instruction ?

Hi , Currently the machine (solaris 10 ) is running with Sun_ssh. I would like to move to Open_ssh. I went through google. Each link shows different directions/ways to install openssh. I am not sure which one to follow . Installing OpenSSH Packages - SPARC and Intel x86/Solaris 9 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp –r instruction

Pleas I want answer to this question? Pleas help me A system administrator suspects that there is an attack on his machine; he needs to make a backup of the files to check when they have been modified. For this purpose he uses the "cp -r" instruction to copy the root directory. What is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Illegal Instruction error

I keep getting a Illegal instruction error when running my MCP file below is the dump error message followed by truss log, dose anyone have any ideas? /opt/builds/bin/core: ELF 32-bit MSB core file SPARC Version 1, from 'mcp' *** Select Close or Exit from the window menu to close this window... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
12 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)