Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Address of PATH variable
Top Forums Programming Address of PATH variable Post 302143183 by Legend986 on Wednesday 31st of October 2007 01:02:13 AM
Old 10-31-2007
And one more thing... When I'm trying the same on a Virtual Machine, the address doesn't change but it is giving me a constant address for the environment variable... Is there any specific reason for this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing ip address as a variable to script for ftp

Still a Beginner here .. Does anyone no how to get the IP address of the machine thats logged in (bearing in mind there will be others logged in) while they are logged in to the Unix server and pass this as a variable to a shell script so as I can FTP files to that machine via a shell script, at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$Variable address in sed

I'm attempting to append a line after a specific address with sed. If I type in the address eg.3 then it will append after the third line. I can't get it to work with a variable though. Does anyone know how to do it please? sed '/3/a\ text' filename :) sed '/\$address/a\ text' filename... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on setting path variable

Hi there, I need help on setting the path variable. How can I set the path variable with Bourne Shell. My scripts goes like this, but did not work. #!/bin/sh PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/export/home/zchen/home export PATH Thanks, Z (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: randomcz
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the path from a variable

Hi, I am having a variable Like line="/dir1/dir2/gr3/file.ksh" I need to get the /dir1/dir2/gr3 alone. the no of directories may differ at each time. Please advice. thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanathi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed variable substitution when variable constructed of a directory path

Hello, i have another sed question.. I'm trying to do variable substition with sed and i'm running into a problem. my var1 is a string constructed like this: filename1 filerev1 filepath1 my var2 is another string constructed like this: filename2 filerev2 filepath2 when i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alrinno
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

address variable content with csh

By using a csh, I want to address a variable content whose name is/matches the content of a given other variable. i.e. set name=´sam´ set ${name}_age=´27´ So, by typing: echo ${name}_age I correctly obtain: sam_age By typing: echo $sam_age or echo ${sam_age} I correctly obtain: 27 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sobolev
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a path from PATH environment variable

Hi I need a script which will remove a path from PATH environment variable. For example $echo PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:test/rmve:/usr/games $echo rmv test/rmve Here I need a shell script which will remove rmv path (test/rmve) from PATH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu84
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a path in user's PATH variable

Hello Folks, I want to append a path in user's PATH variable which should be available in current session. Background Numerous persons will run a utility. Aim is to add the absolute path of the utility the first time it runs so that next runs have the PATH in env & users can directly run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Path a variable to sed that includes a path

Hi I'm trying to select text between two lines, I'm using sed to to this, but I need to pass variables to it. For example start="BEGIN /home/mavkoup/data" end="END" sed -n -e '/${start}/,/${end}/g' doesn't work. I've tried double quotes as well. I think there's a problem with the / in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavkoup
4 Replies
AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)				      General Commands Manual					 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)

NAME
airport2-portinspector - Port maps inspector for the Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station ("Snow") SYNOPSIS
airport2-portinspector DESCRIPTION
airport2-portinspector allows you to inspect the port maps used by the hosts associated with your base station. OPTIONS
airport2-portinspector accepts no command-line options. airport2-portinspector is a wrapper script around the PortInspector.jar jar file located in /usr/share/java/airport-utils. You can set the JAVACMD environment variable to use a specific JVM instead of the one chosen by the wrapper script. Set the DEBUG environ- ment variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
DEBUG Set this variable to 1 to get the debug output from the wrapper script. JAVACMD The full path to the Java Virtual Machine to use. By default, the wrapper uses JAVACMD; if it is not set, it looks for JAVA_BINDIR/java, then for JAVA_HOME/bin/java before looking for a java executable in the PATH. In the latter case, the JVM used can be configured using the Debian alternatives system (see update-alternatives(8)). JAVA_HOME The full path where your JDK/JRE is installed. JAVA_BINDIR The full path to the directory where the java executable is located. JAVA_ARGS Extra command-line arguments to be passed to the Java Virtual Machine. AUTHOR
airport2-portinspector was written by Jon Sevy <jsevy@cs.drexel.edu>. This manual page was written by Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 20, 2006 AIRPORT2-PORTINSPECTOR(1)