Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: camma challenge (in ksh)
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting camma challenge (in ksh) Post 302143179 by Amresh Dubey on Wednesday 31st of October 2007 12:19:49 AM
Old 10-31-2007
ghostdog74
thanks "ghostdog74" you saved my life..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X25 Address - A challenge...

Okay - I've been searching near and far for the answer to this seemly simple question..... how do I find the X25 address for a server. Is there some sort of dump or ping or even a config which would tell me the address. I can find nothing on the web and my colleagues can't help either. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: peter.herlihy
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loaded question - anyone up to the challenge?

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums and also new to Unix. And by saying "new to Unix" I mean I have never used it and 10 minutes ago was asked to start learning. So here I am. I was wondering if anyone could help me find out how long it would take to write code in Unix that will do the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: idesaj
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

safeword challenge

Hi, there are some servers here at work which issue a Safeword challenge after I login. Can anyone tell me exactly how the challenge/response system works? In particular, how are the valid keys decided? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Challenge

I have the following text Microsoft iSCSI Initiator version 2.0 Build 3497 Targets List: iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-daef43402-138000002a4477ba-grsrv12-extra iqn.2001-05.com.equallogic:0-8a0906-986f43402-520000002b447951-exchange ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: netmedic
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacement, challenge one!!!!

Hi all, Thanks in advanced. This question really bothered me much. What i want is to replace any times of repeated 'TB' to 'T', below is example. It can be fullfil by AWK and perl, but my desire is using SED to realize it. So here means we treat TB as a whole part, which means 's/TB*/T/'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: summer_cherry
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed xml challenge

I have a web xml file that looks like this: <allinfo> <info> <a>Name1<\a> <b>address1<\b> <c>phone1<c> <\info> <info> <a>Name2<\a> <b>address2<\b> <c>phone2<c> <\info> <\allinfo> I want to use sed to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex challenge

Here's a regex substitution operation that has stumped me with sed: How do you convert lines like this: first.key ?{x.y.z} second.key ?{xa.ys.zz.s} third.key ?{xa.k} to: first.key ?{x_y_z} second.key ?{xa_ys_zz_s} third.key ?{xa_k} So i'm basically converting all the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PS1 challenge

Ok then i Have a challenge for you : Give me PS1 so that it always display the least 2 levels of directory (except if i am above of course) I want it this way : so if i go to / /home/ /home/user /home/user/whatever /home/user/whatever1/whatever2 my PS1 should respectively... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctsgnb
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch Challenge

I've been given a directory full of subdirectories full of logfiles of the same name: /logfiles/day1/file1/blockednodes.csv day1-14 file1-48 The above is the actual directory structure for 14 days worth of a logfile that is generated every 30 minutes. It's been done this way to preserve the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cludgie
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anyone like a challenge?

I have searched through google, and this forum to try and find the answer, but alas, nothing quite hits the whole answer. I am trying to read the last line (or lines) of some log files. I do this often. The files are named sequentially, using the date as part of the file name, and appending... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BatterBits
18 Replies
dspam_clean(1)							       DSPAM							    dspam_clean(1)

NAME
dspam_clean - perform periodic maintenance of metadata SYNOPSIS
dspam_clean [--profile=PROFILE] [-s[signature_life]] [-p[probability_life]] [-u[sl,hcl,shl,ihl]] [user1 user2 ... userN] DESCRIPTION
dspam_clean is used to perform periodic housecleaning on DSPAM's metadata dictionary by deleting old or useless data. OPTIONS
--profile=PROFILE Specify a storage profile from dspam.conf. The storage profile selected will be used for all database connectivity. See dspam.conf for more information. -s Performs stale signature purging. If a value is specified, the default value of 14 days will be overridden. Specifying an age of 0 will delete all signatures from the user(s) processed. -p Deletes all tokens from the target user(s) database whose probability is between 0.35 and 0.65 (fairly neutral, useless data). If a value is specified, the default life of 30 days will be overridden. It's a good idea to use this flag once with a life of 0 days for users after a significant amount of corpus training. -u Deletes all unused tokens from a user's dataset. Four different life values are used: sl Stale tokens which have not been used for a long period of time hcl Tokens with a total hit count below 5 (which will be assigned a hapaxial value by DSPAM) shl Tokens witha single spam hit ihl Tokens with a single innocent hit Ages may be overridden by specifying a format string, such as -u30,15,10,10 where each number represents the respective life. Speci- fying a life of zero will delete all unused tokens in the category. user1 user2 ... userN Specify the username(s) to perform the selected maintenance operations on. If no username is specified, all users are processed. EXIT VALUE
0 Operation was successful. other Operation resulted in an error. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2011 DSPAM Project All rights reserved. For more information, see http://dspam.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
dspam(1), dspam_admin(1), dspam_crc(1), dspam_dump(1), dspam_logrotate(1), dspam_merge(1), dspam_stats(1), dspam_train(1) DSPAM
Apr 17, 2010 dspam_clean(1)