Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users mount CD from local laptop to UNIX server remotely Post 302143133 by duke0001 on Tuesday 30th of October 2007 05:53:16 PM
Old 10-30-2007
Thanks. Could you please give some specific steps?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remotely administer/validate UNIX server via Windows machine?

Hi there--I think this is more of a Windows question, but I think many of you might be able to help me out: I have a UNIX web server and a Windows machine. I'm trying to script the following tasks so that they can be run from the Windows machine (via a batch file): 1. Shutdown web services... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sohungry73
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove the thread thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer file from local unix server to remote server

want to remove this thread. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

running command remotely to populate local variable

If I run this # ssh remote-server 'du -sk /usr/platform/`uname -i`/' 174 /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245 I get my output just fine, However, if i try to do the same but populate a local variable within my script called for example 'result' #!/bin/ksh result=`ssh remote-server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remotely call function from local script

The following code doesn't work properly which means it doesn't displays remote output. #!/bin/ksh #################### Function macAddressFinder ######################## macAddressFinder() { `ifconfig -a > ipInterfaces` `cat ipInterfaces` }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

6. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files from Unix Server to Local

How do i copy files from Unix Server to my Local Desktop.. ANy ideas..please suggest....V Urgent. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: win4luv
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running local script remotely with arguments in ksh

When i use ssh command to execute local script on remote server , I am unable to do it. Please let me know how this can be done in ksh req=abc dte=ghd ssh username@hostname "$req $dte" < run_script.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Can C program put message to IBM MQ remotely, if local server doesn't have MQ library?

Can somebody know if it is possible to connect to remote IBM MQ, if local server using C, but don't have MQ library? Thanks for contribution (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Running local script remotely with arguments

Dear Experts, I have found this script on internet that can be used to execute local script remotely #!/bin/bash # runremote.sh # usage: runremote.sh localscript remoteuser remotehost arg1 arg2 ... realscript=$1 user=$2 host=$3 shift 3 # escape the arguments declare -a args ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies
GRD2CPT(l)																GRD2CPT(l)

NAME
grd2cpt - Read a grdfile and make a color palette file SYNOPSIS
grd2cpt grdfile [ -Ccptmaster ] [ -I ] [ -Lminlimit/maxlimit ] [ -Szstart/zstop/zinc ] [ -V ] [ -Z ] DESCRIPTION
grd2cpt reads a grdfile and writes a color palette (cpt) file to standard output. The cpt file is based on an existing master cptfile of your choice, and the mapping from data value to colors is through the data's cumulative distribution function (CDF), so that the colors are' histogram equalized. Thus if the resulting cpt file is used with the grdfile and grdimage with a linear projection, the colors will be uniformly distributed in area on the plot. Let z be the data values in the grdfile. Define CDF(Z) = (# of z < Z) / (# of z in grdfile). (NaNs are ignored). These z-values are then normalized to the master cptfile and colors are sampled at the desired intervals. grdfile The 2-D binary grdfile used to derive the color palette table. OPTIONS
-C Selects the master color table to use in the interpolation. Choose among the built-in tables (type grd2cpt to see the list) or give the name of an existing cptfile [Default gives a rainbow cpt file]. -I Reverses the sense of color progression in the master cptfile. -L Limit range of cptfile to minlimit/maxlimit, and don't count data' outside range when estimating CDF(Z). [Default uses min and max of data.] -S Set steps in cpt file. Calculate entries in cptfile from zstart to zstop in steps of (zinc). [Default chooses arbitrary values by a crazy scheme.] -V Verbose operation. This will write CDF(Z) estimates to stderr. [Default is silent.] -Z Will create a continuous color palette. [Default is discontinuous, i.e., constant color intervals] EXAMPLES
Sometimes you don't want to make a cpt file (yet) but would find it helpful' to know that 90% of your data lie between z1 and z2, something you cannot learn from grdinfo. So you can do this to see some points on the CDF(Z) curve (use -V option to see more): grd2cpt mydata.grd -V > /dev/null To make a cpt file with entries from 0 to 200 in steps of 20, and ignore data below zero in computing CDF(Z), and use the built-in master cptfile relief, try grd2cpt mydata.grd -Crelief -L0/10000 -S0/200/20 > mydata.cpt SEE ALSO
gmtdefaults(1gmt), gmt(1gmt), grdhisteq(1gmt), grdinfo(1gmt), makecpt(1gmt) 1 Jan 2004 GRD2CPT(l)